Android Team Lead
A Japanese AI-based education firm focused on learning applications is seeking an Android Team leader to further support the firm growth in the local and Asian markets.
This is a Team Lead position (approx 3-5 members) and reports to the Engineering Manager. As a core member, you are expected to engage in discussions to direct the business, improve the product, and be part of creating an AI app that has the potential to change the English education field in Japan.
- Design (architecture), develop, test and deliver the product
- Support members inside & outside the Android team
- Work with design, backend, iOS, growth and other teams
- Check, discuss, and install new & useful libraries/technologies
- Find and fix bugs from analytics tools and/or testing
IDE: Android Studio
Architecture: App architecture (MVVM), Clean Architecture, Modularization
Kotlin: Flow, Coroutine, Serialization
Design: In-house design on Compose Material3 (moving from Material2)
Tools: GitHub Actions, Firebase Crashlytics, Jira/Confluence, Slack, Figma, AWS
A Japanese firm focused on education and coaching application that enables the user to interact with AI characters using voice recognition, conversational AI and digital voice. Its product has over 3 million downloads and ranked 1st in the App Store Education ranking. Given its success, the firm is intensively hiring as they are aiming to double the Japan team size and expand into Asia for next year.
The current team is fairly international so it also provides visa support; the main language used is English. The current interview process has 4 steps: a coding test and 3 interviews.
- Experience in Android development using Kotlin
- Experience or understanding of App Architecture, MVVM and unit testings
- Experience troubleshooting complex applications and data structure
- Team Lead experience/ability to lead a team of 3-5 members