Cyber Security & Incident Management Specialist (P2/P3)
One of the world's largest insurance companies is looking for talented and strong Cyber Security & Incident Management Specialist, in the Security Governance & Awareness Team.
As a specialist in this field, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information assets, as well as managing and responding to cyber incidents effectively.
- Develop and implement comprehensive cyber security strategies and measures to safeguard the organization's systems, networks, and data from unauthorized access, breaches, and other cyber threats
- Analyze security events and incidents, identifying potential vulnerabilities, intrusions, and suspicious activities across the organization's infrastructure
- Develop and maintain incident response plans and procedures to facilitate a swift and effective response to cyber incidents
- Lead and coordinate the organization's incident response activities, including containment, investigation, analysis, and recovery efforts
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure adherence to cyber security policies, standards, and best practices
- Liaise with external entities, such as security vendors, and incident response teams, to collaborate on cyber security incidents, threat intelligence, and emerging trends.
- Develop and maintain documentation, reports, and metrics related to cyber security incidents, response activities, and risk assessments
Our client is one of the world's largest insurance - financial groups, trusted by over 50 million customers. The company provides various financial protections including general insurance, life insurance, retirement funds, and inheritance throughout the lifetime for individual customers, small businesses, and large companies.
Hybrid Remote (Office & WFH)
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Proven work experience as a Cyber Security Specialist, Incident Response Analyst, or a similar role, preferably in a complex and dynamic organizational environment
- In-depth knowledge of cyber security principles, concepts, technologies, and best practices, including network security, system hardening, vulnerability management, and incident response
- Experience with security tools and technologies, such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, firewalls, antivirus software, and vulnerability scanners.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to effectively identify, analyze, and respond to cyber security incidents
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with various stakeholders and present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner