The OMS team is looking for an experience Applications DBA to manage and improve our Database. The group is a part of the Logistics Department called the Order Management System (OMS) Group. They are in-charge development, operation and maintenance of the OMS of the company.
With the growth of our group and our product, we are currently looking for a DBA who can be responsible for the architecture and performance of database.
- Assist developers with architecture of database interactions
- Monitor and tune database queries and stored procedures, paying particular attention to changes in application and process usage and data volume
- Develop and maintain stored procedures to improve overall performance
- Review Schema changes made by the development team
- Work with the Infrastructure team to plan for future database capacity
- Work with system infrastructure team to validate applications after operating system or database patches and upgrades
OMS sits between the E-Commerce system and the Warehouse Management System. Basically all orders placed in the E-Commerce system will be processed in the OMS before it will be sent to the Warehouses where the picking and shipping of the goods will take place.
Our system has 3 main functions:
- Item/Product Management
- Inventory Management
- Order Management
Below are some of the technologies that our client is using:
- Mainly C#: Web Apps, Batches and APIs
- Front-End: Asp.net, AJAX, Java Script
- Back-End: MS SQL Server
- Frameworks: MVC, Entity FW and others
- Auto-Deployment using for CI: TeamCity & CD: Octopus
- Other tools: System Walker, GIT, JIRA etc.
In the next phases, they are eyeing to use the following technologies
- Message Queue
- Azure and others
- Experience with Installing, configuring and upgrading MS SQL databases
MS SQL Administration including:
- Troubleshooting database problems in both production and non-production environments
- Performance tuning of MS SQL databases
- Proficiency with MS SQL tools (SQL Profiler, Management studio etc)
- Coding scripts, stored procedures, functions, etc.
- Developing methods for monitoring
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Keen attention to detail with superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated and directed, while working in a fast-paced demanding environment as well as the ability to work as a team
- Understanding of current IT service standards
- Experience with C# and Entity Framework
- Exposure to agile work environment, specifically Scrum Ability to collaborate both with technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to complete tasks within tight deadlines
- Experience with Azure, migrating from an on-premise DB to a cloud DB