A global life insurance company is looking for a Head of Engineering Guild.
We continues its journey to enable first-class software engineering and operations, and are looking for a leader who leads, coaches and mentors a team that continues to explore leading edge technologies, tools and best practices for faster, cheaper, better delivery and superior customer experiences.
You will have the opportunity to work in a community (aka Engineering guild) that is leading the DevOps transformation including exciting technology opportunities with cloud, infrastructure as code, and software delivery pipelines.
The Engineering Guild lead will lead, coach, mentor and manage software and test engineers to enhance and further develop their technical and soft skill sets.
The members of Engineering guild will usually be working in a particular squad (aka feature-team) but may also be working for other squads at times to widen their skills and experiences.
- Application and software service (ESB,ETL) development (coding and testing)
- People management (mentoring, coaching, training, career plan etc.)
- Team vision, mission and roadmap
- Technical debt management on code, technical document and testing
- Promotion of collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Standardization of development and testing process / tools / practices
- com design authority
- UI/UX design
- Engineering craftsmanship
- Quality Assurance KPI
- Internal/External sourcing strategy
- New grads recruitment
- Team maturity index
- Perform personnel management tasks for all directs including hiring, setting objectives, performance reviews, promotions, mentoring, and helping plan career growth
- Conduct regular 1-on-1 meeting with team managers
- Maintain high standards of quality and delivery within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Promote to build apps in managed cloud platforms for better, cheaper and faster delivery
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Support leaders to define software building and testing standards, enforce best practices, patterns and processes
- Define, track and report KPIs and metrics that measure maturity and productivity of the team
- Constantly improve team productivity, refine agile processes, and create methods to increase efficiency
- Support team leaders to organize Engineering events, workshops and trainings to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Support team leaders to establish and maintain secured SDLC process
- Support team leaders to establish and maintain the DevOps practices in Mainframe platform
- Manage and assess software development vendor sourcing and performance
- Promote and support Engineering communities (Community of Practice)
- Track workloads of team members and ensure fair, consistent approach of workloads and development to build a highly effective team
- Conduct regular meeting with tribe leaders to understand and anticipate the resource demands
- Support team leaders to plan the yearly training courses for team members and secure the training budget
- Design an intensive and effective training plan for new graduates tailored to emerging technology trends and individual needs
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with a variety of different audiences
- Support and contribute to strategic projects to deliver on time on budget and on quality
- Facilitate and contribute to Hayabusa 2.0 program
【会社概要 | Company Details】
Our client is one of the world's largest insurance - financial groups, trusted by over 50 million customers. The company provides various financial protections including general insurance, life insurance, retirement funds, and inheritance throughout the lifetime for individual customers, small businesses and large companies.
5,000万人のお客さまから信頼されている世界最大級の保険- 金融グループです。フィナンシャル- プロテクション（個人から中小企業、大企業まで、あらゆるお客さまに対して、生涯を通じて、損害保険、生命保険、老後資金、相続に関するニーズにお応えしていくビジネス）をコアビジネスとしています。
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
9:00 - 17:00（Mon - Fri）
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
各種社会保険完備（厚生年金保険、健康保険、労災保険、雇用保険）、 屋内原則禁煙（屋外に喫煙所あり）、 通勤交通費支給等
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Business level Japanese language and English language.
- In depth knowledge of Applications, Network, IT Security, Production Systems, and Agile methods
- In depth knowledge of IT Architecture, IT Infrastructure and Design & Development
- Expertise in Java
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Models such as Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Octopus Deploy, TFS Build Server, VSTS Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years management experience or have demonstrable management skills to lead, coach, mentor and manage a team
- 3+ years Software development experience
- 3+ years Agile process (e.g. Scrum) experience
- Ability to lead by example in technology community
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation and resource management skills
- Demonstrated ability in strategic planning, risk management, change management and project management
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
- A strong desire to mentor and coach team members