A global tech firm is looking to hire highly motivated, best-in-class Network Technicians to join our growing team within infrastructure operations in Tokyo, Japan. The candidate will work with minimum supervision in a dynamic environment within the data center to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to develop innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
The position responsibilities will include scaling support of several data center locations and be responsible for day to day assistance with capacity management. The Network Technician will work closely with both internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project execution as directed by Technical Project Managers.
‐ Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes
‐ Work closely with our Network Engineering & Network Technical Project Manager teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products
‐ Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflow
‐ Collaborate with various stake holders to remove project obstacles
‐ Troubleshoot networking, routing and inter-connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
‐ Complete customer requests via Remedy trouble ticketing system
‐ Participate in the migration, basic configuration and roll-out of new or upgraded hardware
- Experience on major Networking hardware platforms
- Experience in fiber-optic DWDM and cabling experiences
- Familiarity with cabling infrastructure to include optical and copper infrastructure
- Ability to terminate and test copper and fiber cable
- Familiarity with network test equipment such as OTDR and LAN Analyzers
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Familiarity with major Internet routing protocols, BGP, OSPF.
- Ethernet and IP networking knowledge and experience in the application of IP protocols.
- Substantial background in large scale datacenter network implementations and support.
- Experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments
- Knowledge or awareness of IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, COBIT) and Operational Excellence concepts or methodologies is a plus