6,000,000 JPY - 8,000,000 JPY per year
Advanced (JLPT Level 1)
Intermediate (TOEIC 600)
The Ecosystem of Rakuten Group is constantly growing its membership size and variety of its services. To sustain the rapid growth and usage, a robust infrastructure needs to be in place to support the increasing demands of mission critical applications. They are seeking for a highly motivated and team oriented engineer who is passionate to immerse into various network technologies to automate and improve the network integration of Rakuten’s Big Data infrastructure platform.
Initiative support of design, verification, implementation and operations for Network Devices on existing and new network topology
Support network day-to-day activities of the Big Data infrastructure platform by utilizing network tool to leverage open-source software and programming.
Drive automation development within the platform to increase network operation efficiency and minimize operational resource.
Assist in reviewing network configurations and architecture (design) on existing and new data center build outs.
Assist in building and maintaining physical infrastructure and network related documentation.
Assist in the 24x7 network specific operational support for the platform and upper Tier level escalations.
- Full technical knowledge, configure and implementation of Layer 2 Spanning-tree and Multi-Chassis Link-Aggregation
- Full technical knowledge, configure and implementation of Dynamic Routing Protocol such as OSPF and BGP
- Experience of hand-on configuration network multiple vendors’ switch and router with Routing Protocol
- Experience of hand-on configuration network multiple vendor s’ firewall
- Linux/Unix troubleshooting experience.
- 5 years of working in a Linux/Unix environment, preferably but not required in a network admin related role.
- Proactive mindset with a self-starter attitude in finding and identifying possible network issues and coming up with proposals for resolution.
- English: Business Level (TOEIC 600+)
- Japanese: Business Level (N2)
- Experience of Network Management by utilizing open source software programing
- Experience of operation and implement Automation scripts in one or more of the following: Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash and other programing language
- Technical knowledge and design, implementation, operation of SDN and Open Flow
- Experience using DevOps automation tools, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Basic knowledge and deployment of virtualization technologies especially Open Stack and Docker containers.
- Ability to work in an international environment interacting with international team members locally and global remote teams.
- A DevOps and Agile mindset when deploying and creating tools.