Web Application Engineer (PHP)
4,800,000 JPY - 6,500,000 JPY per year
High Intermediate (JLPT Level 2)
Advanced (TOEIC 860)
The team is in charge of developing and operating a Bookmark Platform widely used by loyal Rakuten users. This is a chance to join a diverse team to develop a large scale web platform used by throughout Rakuten services as well as work on heavy traffic / high performance systems.
-Create useful solutions to solve complex business problems by working across various teams, understanding the needs of our business counterparts and providing engineer driven solutions for such problems.
-Work closely with product management team and quality management team to define and refine feature development specifications.
-Design and develop back-end systems across a number of programming languages with focus on Java (Spring framework and Tomcat).
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, stability and operations of business applications.
- Bachelor Degree (BS) in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field;Solid knowledge of service oriented architecture
- Experience developing 3+ years as PHP engineer
- Experience in RDBMS (e.g. MySQL or Oracle) and NoSQL(e.g Redis)
- Experience in Web Server (e.g. Apache , nginx)
- Experience in implementing large scale web services
- Ability to articulate Architecture choices trade-offs
- Strong understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems
- English TOEIC 800+
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science or Engineering;
- Experience setting up Web Server (e.g. Apache , nginx) or App Server (e.g. Tomcat,Unicorn)
- Experience designing API: REST, etc
- Experience using framework: Laravel and CakePHP
- Experience of working with Design patterns.
- Experience of Unit Testing
- Experience working in Agile development teams
- Experience of CI/CD (e.g Jenkins, TravisCI)
- Experience with Frontend technologies
- Open to learn other technologies