A global Insurance and Mobile Device Support Services company is looking for a Solutions Architect to work on a variety of IT systems in an environment of fast paced change and diverse demands.
The successful candidate will have Cloud based system design specialization, also the ability to work in a variety of technological and business contexts is required.
- Take on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenges, where you can learn something new every day. Think through open ended problems, and continuously improve and deliver results
- Guide teams to ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services following the principles of the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Drive architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Establish and ensure new best practices are implemented effectively.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals in global teams·
- Act as a technical liaison between business, service engineering teams and support.
- Demonstrate expertise in presenting complex information to senior audiences; effectively facilitate conversations leading to solutions.
- Utilize Cloud Architecture (AWS) with Serverless and high availability best practices
- Work in Agile Scrum and Kanban methodologies, using CI, CD best practices with knowledge of DevOps and cloud infrastructure scripts (CloudFormation, Ansible, Jenkins)
- Drive automate deployment efforts and delivery of code using cloud technologies
- Maintain working knowledge of internal applications and system integration
- Ensure code complies with security policies and guidelines
- Experience in design and implementation of complex IT solutions
- Experience in scalable cloud-based solutions and microservices architectures
- Expert AWS knowledge across core concepts such as VPC, Landing Zone, Networking and security primitives (e.g. Network ACLs, Security Groups & firewalls, Internet and NAT Gateways)
- Strong AWS knowledge across components such as ECS, RDS, CloudTrails, CloudWatch, Cognito, IAM, KMS, Lambda, Code Pipeline, CloudFormation, GuardDuty, SecurityHub, Inspector,
- Familiarity with ETL, data migration and integrating third party systems
- Experience in infrastructure, database and networking architecture for highly available applications
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Communication skills including experience presenting to all levels of stakeholders
- Professional experience architecting large scale solutions on AWS
- Masters Degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or equivalent technical degree
- AWS Solution Architect Certificates; Associates, Developer, Professional
- Motivated self-starter who loves to solve challenging problems & feels comfortable working in team