Leading IT service company is looking for a Product Manager (Search Section) for their biggest marketplace of Japan and is the largest internet ecosystem with wide range of services ranging from e-Commerce, Travel, Banking, Fintech, Food Delivery, Golf, Insurance, Instant Messaging, Mobile Network etc. has over 140 services globally.
Their mission is to empower people and society through the internet while aiming at becoming the Global Innovation Company.
Their technology organization has more than 1000 employees across Product Management, Research, Analytics, Product Development and Operations and their technical organization is responsible for building products that enable various business globally.
Findability Department is part of the AI Products Supervisory Department under Technology Services Divisio. Findability Department focuses on Search, Discovery, and Navigation experience for their users. They in Findability Department help demand meet supply through our services that are engineered for scale, performance, and ease of use and they support 20 plus their Businesses across three different continents, 50 plus user functions and over a billion active users annually generating over two Billion dollars in revenue directly from them.
They are looking for a well-seasoned Product Manager who can be part of this technical organization working closely with both Business members and Technical teams to deliver products and feature that redefine internet commerce.
They are currently building a strong AI foundation to accelerate its growth and innovation. And they are specifically looking for a Product Manager to be working with Machine Learning Researchers and Engineers in building in house Platform for building and training of AI Models that enhance and improve our Product Experiences.
You will be responsible for driving Product Management for their Machine Learning Group. A successful candidate will have an established background in excellent product planning and management skills and great communication skills.
- Deeply understand needs of E-Commerce shoppers, merchants and business units, and address needs with web and mobile shopping features
- Drive innovation for web and mobile shopping, and differentiate from global competitors
- Work closely with their researchers and Engineers to craft solutions to business problems in a timely manner
- Develop a logically-sequenced product and feature roadmap
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, system performance and operational workload
- Expected to spend about 70% of time as an individual contributor in a specific product area(s) while working for rest of the time as an influencer across other PDMs
The group consists of over half a dozen nationalities and has a good mix of Engineers, Data Scientists, Researchers and Product Managers.
【会社概要 | Company Details】
Our client is a large global Internet service company that has enjoyed sustained growth as they continue to expand their business in various new areas and industries. This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment in Japan. Our client actively strives to be an equal opportunity employer, and they have many female and foreign nationals in upper management positions. Their brand has also gained global recognition as they sponsor some of the world's most famous sports teams. Our client prides themselves in providing a comfortable working environment for their employees. Engineers are welcome to choose their own setup (Windows/Mac, etc.); whatever makes them comfortable! Free meals are also provided at the company cafeteria. Their chefs work to create exciting new menus and dishes, so employees never get tired of the food!
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
9:00 - 17:30（Mon - Fri）
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
各種社会保険完備（厚生年金保険、健康保険、労災保険、雇用保険）、 屋内原則禁煙（屋外に喫煙所あり）、 通勤交通費支給等
Social insurance, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), Commutation Fee covered up to 20,000 JPY per month, Free breakfast, lunch and dinner, Casual clothes is acceptable
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 6 years of Product Management experience in a technology industry
- 4+ years of experience in consumer-facing online commerce and/or mobile services
- Demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly, customer-facing features
- Technical fluency in understanding the platform and translate business requirements to a Product Roadmap is necessary
- Well versed in conversational Japanese & ability to understand the cultural aspects of customers would be an added advantage
- Masters or Post Doctorate degree in Computer Science related discipline or Business Administration
- 3+ years of experience working in distributed organization larger than 500 people
- Proven ability to define a winning product strategy and roadmap
- Handled Products and Businesses of scale
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills