A global finance firm seeks a Japanese Senior Web Application Engineer for the Global Markets team building out web applications that break down silos across the business divisions and aim to provide one stop services, reduce manual work, improve time-to-market drastically, increase business opportunities, unify business data, gather user data for marketing etc.
The teams are supporting multiple existing applications and are implementing new applications and the successful candidate will contribute to the enhancement systems and design new functionalities with agile style development, interfacing with Japan business users for business analysis, implement applications, testing, releases and user support.
The technology stack includes: Angular for client side, Spring Boot for server side, SQL Server for database etc. Deployment is automated with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, GitLab, SonarQube etc. Experience can be gained in modern web technologies, CI/CD, financial product knowledge, and in working using Japanese and English.
- Enhance and maintain applications
- Communicate with business users and analyse business requirements
- Migrate legacy applications and tools to new systems
- Provide user support
- Provide L2 and L3 support. Work with Production Support team to deliver continuous services
- Maintain and improve the team’s development and CI/CD environment
- Migrate applications to new servers
- Create release procedures
【会社概要 | Company Details】
Our client is a Japan-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. The company has over 90 years’ history and driven by over 28,000 employees worldwide.
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
8:40 ‐ 17:40（Mon ‐ Fri）
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, etc.
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
各種社会保険完備（厚生年金保険、健康保険、労災保険、雇用保険）、 屋内原則禁煙（屋外に喫煙所あり）、 通勤交通費支給等
- Server side Java
- SQL and RDB development
- Business requirement analysis
- Strong communication skill
- Punctual and polite team player
- Agile development
- Building DevOps Pipeline (Jenkins, Ansible, Git, SonarQube, Selenium, xUnit, JIRA etc.)
- Knowledge in financial products such as equity and fixed income