A global finance firm seeks a VMware Virtualization Platform Engineer to be part of a Global Cloud Services team responsible for building, operating and managing the infrastructure platform in a Hybrid Cloud model with various services stacks both on premises Private and Public Cloud.
The successful candidate, with colleagues across the globe, will work on continuous improvement and enhancement of the Cloud platform to contribute and accelerate the cloud adaption, focusing on the VMware platform and related eco systems, as part of the private cloud, maintaining the latest versions as a critical aspect to the private cloud environment stability.
- Build, test and deliver new services and improvement on both On-premise and Public Cloud platform and services, adhering to standard policy and guideline
- Provide onsite L2/L3 support to monitor and work on service restoration of Cloud platform deployed globally when incident takes place, under Follow-the-Sun support model or provide on-call support as necessary
- Engage with application teams throughout the lifecycle to provide reliable and scalable Cloud platform and services
- Identify opportunity to automate manual steps or areas for improvement to remediate or mitigate operational risks, and directly contribute on coding to manage the Cloud platform effectively
- Collaboratively work with Engineering function and other IT teams to discuss and agree on the enhancement and improvement to address challenges or issues
- Contribute on documenting operational run books, coaching team members as required
Our client is a Japan-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. The company has over 90 years’ history and driven by over 28,000 employees worldwide.
8:40 ‐ 17:40（Mon ‐ Fri）
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, etc.
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Relevant experience in an enterprise environment
- Hands-on, practical knowledge on VMWare vSphere product suits, ESXi, vCenter, vRealize Operations Manager
- Experience building and managing a highly resilient server virtualization platform
- Experience with tools such as CLI and vRealize Operations.
- Experience with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), firmware management and UCS central
- Sound team player to collaborate with various colleagues across regions to deliver goals together
- Working experience on Windows server platform
- Good understanding on networking and core infrastructure such as Active Directory, Windows SCCM and SSO
- Good working knowledge in common coding language Python and writing APIs
- Practical knowledge and skills on managing Configuration Management tools, Ansible or Terraform