Our Client, one of the biggest Global Insurance services providers in Japan is looking for a talented, creative and passionate Hadoop Developer (with a strong knowledge of Spark), to join their Data Development Team. You must be a strong logical thinker as you will be working on developing a lot of applications for data Ingestion, data transformation and data distribution projects.
- You will be free to select your own coding language. The client wants to check your logical reasoning and analysis skills while performing the coding test
- You will be doing development on the Hadoop ecosystem
- You will be reporting to the Data Development Manager, and you will be a part of a 17 members team
- This is an English Only position, but if you know Japanese that will be an extra benefit
If you have the right skillsets you are encouraged to apply within.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain applications on the Hadoop ecosystem
- You will be developing applications to support data ingestion, data transformation and data distribution projects
- You will responsible for providing data feeds, reports and coordination efforts for the downstream applications
- You will be coordinating with the internal teams, i.e. operations team and platform teams for day to day work
【会社概要 | Company Details】
Global insurance company with over 40 years of experience in Japan with strengths in various sales channels and product lineup. The company focuses on creating diverse environments including but not limited to promoting the appointment of women.
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
9:00 - 18:00（Mon - Fri）*Work From Home till Covid-19
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
各種社会保険完備（厚生年金保険、健康保険、労災保険、雇用保険）、 屋内原則禁煙（屋外に喫煙所あり）、 通勤交通費支給等
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Sound understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem
- Hands-on experience of Hadoop components: HDFS, Hive, HBase, Phoenix, Solr, Oozie
- Experience in Java, Scala, Spark etc…
- Good understanding of database concepts and SQL
- Experience with Unix and shell scripts
- Strong logical thinker
- Strong analytical mind to help solve complicated problems
- Desire to resolve issues and dive into potential issues
- Self-starter who works with minimal supervision, and the ability to work in a team of diverse skill sets
- Ability to comprehend customer requests and provide an optimized solution