One of our Fortune500, Global Insurance Client is looking for a Data Governance Assistant Manager based in Tokyo.
- To execute Data Governance implementation based on business use cases by applying the Data Governance framework and monitor the effectiveness of its implementation across the company for managing critical data.
- This includes supporting Lines of Businesses in implementing the Data Governance requirements and monitoring their compliance as well as defining clear roles and responsibilities for the day-to-day effective management of the critical data availability, usability, and integrity.
If you have the right skillset, you are encouraged to apply for this role.
Data Governance implementation
- Design, configure, operate, and maintain Data Governance and Data Quality tools (Collibra and IDQ) to align with the Data Governance framework requirements as set out in the company’s approved Policy and supporting Standards.
- Develop detailed processes and guidelines that are essential to onboard Lines of Businesses to use the Data Governance and Data Quality tools effectively for managing their critical data.
- Setup monitoring process, tools and guidelines to enable consistent and effective monitoring of Lines of Businesses’ compliance with the requirements as set out in the Data Governance framework.
- Support in continuous enhancements of Data Governance framework, templates, documents, and other artifacts as required by management to create a framework that is practical, scalable, and of value-add to the company from a critical data management perspective.
Data Governance effectiveness monitoring
- Develop Lines of Businesses’ capabilities in understanding the purpose and know-how to manage their critical data in accordance with the Data Governance framework, including utilization of the guidelines, tools, and templates prescribed by the Data Governance Team.
- Support in execution of Data Governance implementation activities in accordance with project plans and in collaboration with Lines of Businesses (including IT).
- Monitor and report on execution progress, and support Lines of Businesses’ Data Governance implementation in accordance with the Data Governance framework requirements.
- Where external resources are used, oversight and manage vendors to guide and track Data Governance implementation activities in accordance with project plans.
【会社概要 | Company Details】
Global insurance company with over 40 years of experience in Japan with strengths in various sales channels and product lineup. The company focuses on creating diverse environments including but not limited to promoting the appointment of women.
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
9:00 - 18:00（Mon - Fri）
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
各種社会保険完備（厚生年金保険、健康保険、労災保険、雇用保険）、 屋内原則禁煙（屋外に喫煙所あり）、 通勤交通費支給等
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Data governance, database technology, application development, data modeling, data quality assessment, data profiling, master/reference data, and metadata management.
- Data ingestion, data integration, data migration and control.
- Developing process and data flows, and process implementation.
- Understanding of insurance business and process
- Good understanding of Japan Law and regulations regarding data protection, and record management, and information security
- Knowledge on data analytics, databases, and big data platform (Hadoop)
- Experience in supporting projects involving regulatory/compliance reporting and adherence.
- Extensive business acumen with broad range of exposure to business and IT units.
- Experience in customer relationship management, communications and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge on data governance tool (Collibra)
- Experience on data quality tool, e.g. Informatica Data Quality module (IDQ)
- Experienced with database development, maintenance, or other data related projects
- SQL / Java / ETL / API development experience
- Knowledge on master / metadata management (MDM)