Our Client, one of the biggest Global Insurance Services providers in Japan is looking for a talented Data Custodian. Data Custodians will be required to work with the Business System Analysts by offering support in finding the right data as per the instructions from the BSA’s and the Business Users. You will be sharing this data with the Data Modelers for further processing.
In principle, you will be the bridge b/w the BSA’s (Buss Users) and then Data Modelers.
You will be part of an ongoing Customer 360 Project, and you will be reporting directly to the Assistant Vice President of the Information Management Department. This is a long-term project and you will be given another extension by Dec 2021, based on your performance. You must be able to read Japanese, as you will be required to read codes and also some documentation which will help you find the data source, and they will be in the Japanese language.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect required information from the BSA’s (Business System Analysts) and work on finding those data sources by reading instructions
- Locate systems where the data is stored, read codes, and gather the data (extract).
- After that, you will be required to create data outputs & data structures
- Create data lineage: ‘map of the data journey’
- Catalog the tables, define meaning for the columns, upload the data to the internal too called Collibra (it is a Data Governance Tool)
- Share all the data and the findings with the data modelers
- You should be able to write strong queries
- Create documentation for data modelers and other business users
- Have regular meetings with business users to understand the data, its location, meaning, and flow
- Have regular meetings with application development teams to understand the codes, application, and how these applications store data
【会社概要 | Company Details】
Global insurance company with over 40 years of experience in Japan with strengths in various sales channels and product lineup. The company focuses on creating diverse environments including but not limited to promoting the appointment of women.
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
9:00 - 17:00（Mon - Fri）
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
各種社会保険完備（厚生年金保険、健康保険、労災保険、雇用保険）、 屋内原則禁煙（屋外に喫煙所あり）、 通勤交通費支給等
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Experience with data ingestion, data integration, data migration, and control.
- You must have done coding in your previous job. And, you must have strong knowledge of Java. You will need this because - you will be reading a lot of codes while searching for data
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Good with reverse engineering
- Strong with writing queries – (any) Shell, Bash, SQL etc…
- Knowledge of data structure, and technical data lineage