Our FinTech client is looking for a talented Senior Scala Software Engineer for their Payments Engineering Team. The Payments Engineering team is part of the Mega Merchants Engineering department.
The client is creating a dedicated team to support the continued growth of the company’s payment systems & solutions. The team will be taking ownership of the existing payment systems, and will further develop and maintain them.
Some of the responsibilities are:
- Setting technical direction,
- Working with other teams on identifying requirements, and
- Delivering new functionality.
About the Mega Merchants Engineering Department:
- The Mega Merchants Engineering team designs builds and maintains the solutions that enable seamless integrations for our clients’ merchants.
- They work together with the Product Team from the early stages and collaborate with other departments and teams.
- They solve new and unique engineering challenges, for example, to support SLAs for APIs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and deliver new features on our RESTful API gateways and backend services
- Collaborate with distributed and multidisciplinary teams
- Assist in requirements identification and in producing specifications
- Contribute and adhere to coding standards, best practices, and procedures
- You will work on the API gateways and backend services that are used by our Client’s users and merchants to create and manage payments.
- You will be involved in all stages of the development cycle.
- You will be able to share best practices and set standards for your team and other teams in our client’s engineering organization.
- You will be able to leave your mark on the engineering culture as well.
A successful Fintech Company, provides a payment platform that lets online merchants accept payments in real-time from consumers without credit cards.
9:00 - 18:00 (Mon - Fri) (Optional Work-From-Home）
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Special leave, etc.
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No Smoking Indoors (Designated Smoking Area) etc.
- Knowledge of Functional Programming, Scala, and the Typelevel ecosystem (Click Here)
- Understanding of software architecture and design with the ability to align the overall service architecture
- Experience with Akka Cluster, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka
- Understanding of JVM internals and performance optimization
- Some experience with either --- CircleCI, AWS, Fargate, Terraform, Datadog
- Experience with building distributed systems, scalability, and high throughput software
- Experience with maintaining and further developing existing codebases
- Comfortable with knowledge sharing, working on a team, and building relationships