Wonderful Opportunity! If you have the skills and experience required, you are encouraged to apply. You will enjoy working for a leading global insurance company and with a talented group of professionals in the Japan office.
Global life insurance company is hiring an Enterprise Architect. The Enterprise Architect is a senior technical member of the IT division accountable for defining application strategy across the enterprise. They are also responsible for creating advanced solutions that support the goals and vision of the Technology division and across the company. This role is responsible for improving engineering architectural designs for performance, availability, security, and adherence to architectural aims.
They are pursuing a strategy of improved agility and capability as it meets new market challenges. The Enterprise Architecture team will support this through a program of application modernization. This includes proactive evaluation and assessment of new technologies, and their applicability to the organization for availability, performance, and confidentiality. It also includes the development of supportable and efficient technical solutions and development of technical standards, policies and procedures.
- Minimizing technology solutions and eliminating duplicate solutions.
- Instilling developer ownership fromd development to production and ensuring fast delivery of incremental updates enabled by automated testing, and delivery through enabling CI/CD and “everything as code”.
- Improving our ata architecture. As a data architect, the Enterprise Architect will pursue a single source or truth on data no duplicate entry or retention.
- Advocating for modular technologies such as API’s.
- Advocating for integrated security and resilience in application design and implementation.
- The Enterprise Architect consults application teams on architectural reviews and participates in proof-of-concept projects. This role is responsible for improving engineering architectural designs for performance, availability, security, and adherence to architectural aims.
- Insurance / Finance domain experience
- Wide and current familiarity with relevant technology
- Understanding of technology projects
- Ability to integrate non-functional requirements such as security and best practices
- Architects must need to have strong negotiation skills with members of Technology on technical solutions but also on alignment with Technology strategy and modern software practices.