A growing FinTech company is looking for a talented Merchant Analyst to work in their Risk & Analytics Team.
- Our client is a FinTech leader in delivering cardless payments and other financial services to businesses throughout Japan. Their proprietary solutions are at the forefront of revolutionizing online & mobile payments, P2P transfers, personal finance, and merchant settlements.
- Merchant analysts must be passionate about getting some high-quality partner merchants into the company's ecosystem.
- As part of the Risk & Analytics team, you will work directly with the Merchant Onboarding team lead and the rest of the Risk team, as well as a Sales team and Credit Operations.
- Assess merchants’ business model risk and quickly determine credit exposure risk on new and existing merchants to determine the appropriate course of action.
- Review compliance and regulatory risk of merchants’ business and also be able to illustrate the risk to stakeholders.
- Analyze and investigate merchant’s corporate structure, founder information, products, financial and bank statements (if any) to assess creditworthiness.
- Collaborate with internal business partners (Sales & Credit Operations) to obtain an understanding of merchants, and tactically mitigate risk exposure.
- Monitor, investigate, and analyze merchants’ authorization using internal Risk monitoring tools.
- Stay current on merchant industry trends that impact the Commercial Merchant segment.
A successful Fintech Company, provides a payment platform that lets online merchants accept payments in real-time from consumers without credit cards.
9:00 - 18:00 (Mon - Fri) (Optional Work-From-Home）
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Special leave, etc.
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No Smoking Indoors (Designated Smoking Area) etc.
- Practical merchant underwriting or compliance experience in companies such as Fintech, banks, card or other financial industries
- Regulatory knowledge
- Experience with data analytics and build an automated reporting model will be a big plus.
- Practical experience related to credit management in the financial industry.
- Compliance underwriting experience in accordance with the Installment Sales Act.
- Advanced Excel, SQL, and intermediate data science: R/Python.