Our client, Global Fortune500 Insurance Client is looking for an Internal Auditor – Assistant Manager, to join the Internal Audit, technology & Data Audit Team. The Internal Audit consists of 50+ auditors across finance, technology, insurance operations, actuarial, data governance and data analytics areas. This department is considered as an industry frontrunner in adopting digitalization, Robotics Process Automation (RPA) and AI in its audit practice, and it consists of 300+ employees in global, regional and local audit roles.
Role Value Proposition:
- The Internal Audit Organization plays an important role in partnering with the business to ensure key risks are anticipated, recognized and appropriately managed.
- The Internal Audit Department’s mission is to provide objective assurance and advocate for internal controls, enabling the company to manage risk, execute on strategy and to make and keep its promises. Our vision is to be innovative, effective and efficient global leaders in governance, risk and control activities.
- Ensure compliance to company Policy & Procedures, leading practices, procedural efficiency, risk management and accuracy.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory standard and good practice.
- Ensure compliance with SOX and accurate reporting of the Company’s financial position as required.
- Protect the company and its stakeholders through meaningful independent assurance and advice while advocating for risk management and internal controls.
The role of the Audit Assistant Manager is:
- Delivering and managing IT audit assignments to ensure that all IT, business and regulatory risks are anticipated, identified, recognized and appropriately managed in alignment with the departmental audit plan and initiatives.
- Applying the company's Audit Approach to audit assignments in a professional and effective manner in order to provide management with a fair, objective and technically accurate assessment of their system of internal controls.
- Supporting the Senior Manager / Audit Director / Assistant Vice Presidents in relation to the delivery of the audit plan and departmental activities.
If you have the right skillset, you are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Understanding and working together with the Audit Senior Manager or Audit Director's expectations regarding deliverables and timeframes for IT audit projects on the audit plan.
- Drive internal audit efforts to increase overall value to the business.
- Provide management with an objective review of risks and controls from an independent view. Remain active with appropriate external professional organizations and keep informed on developments in the field of auditing, industry regulation, and insurance practices.
- Provide proactive and relevant management reporting of audit activities and results to the Audit Director or Assistant Vice President.
- Manage and execute comprehensive IT audits using department guidelines, knowledge of the business, and understanding of controls to provide management with an independent appraisal of the control environment.
- Support business audit team in conducting integrated audits and evaluating system application controls.
- Review and determine the Business’s compliance with established policies, procedures, laws and regulations, and existing regulatory requirements.
- Align Internal Audit process, risk and control activities to support business strategies through process-oriented thinking and end to end view capabilities.
- Analyze and assess the impact of audit findings and recommendations on future operating environment. Assess effectiveness of key action plans provided by auditees to resolve control issues or risks.
- Assist in the performance of risk assessments, development and execution of quarterly plan activities.
- Contribute towards IT audit activities with the external auditor.
- Lead or participate in team or departmental level projects and initiatives ensuring that goals and target dates are met, and the work product is of high quality.
- Achieve goals and execute audit plan in a team environment; be viewed as a valued member of the team; balances multiple responsibilities.
- Understanding of project management methodologies and performing project assurance gate reviews.
- Tracking and follow-up on open issues.
- Proactively engage with and manage auditees to ensure full understanding of expectations of the audits.
- Agreeing all issues with auditees to facilitate completion of final report.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with auditees and sustains an ongoing relationship with key business contacts.
- Is a ‘trusted advisor’.
- Managing people in your project/audit, including supervision and direction to associates on delivering the audit plan and actively engaging in the performance management process.
【会社概要 | Company Details】
Global insurance company with over 40 years of experience in Japan with strengths in various sales channels and product lineup. The company focuses on creating diverse environments including but not limited to promoting the appointment of women.
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
9:00 - 18:00（Mon - Fri）
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
各種社会保険完備（厚生年金保険、健康保険、労災保険、雇用保険）、 屋内原則禁煙（屋外に喫煙所あり）、 通勤交通費支給等
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Hands-on IT audit experience.
- Good understanding of Generally Accepted Audit Standards, IIA Standards, risk and controls, audit sampling and testing methodologies, SOX (or J-SOX) requirements, risk management, regulatory reporting, and data governance.
- Good understanding of IT General Controls across platforms (Application, OS, DB) for Change Management, User Access Management, Backup and Recovery Management, Batch Job Management, and Problem/Incident Management.
- Working knowledge of systems architecture, business processes and system risks, operating system and database platforms (OS such as Wintel, AS/400. Unix and Database such as SQL, Oracle, DB2) with an understanding of networking concepts and security configuration for network components.
- Experience with auditing or working on Cyber Security or Mobile Applications or other Emerging Technology.
- Program assurance experience on transformation programs or auditing emerging technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- If possible, beginner to Intermediate understanding of data analysis tools and techniques such as Excel/ACL/Tableau/Power BI or other tools.