Are you interested in building the next generation of Internet services that will be used by millions of users across the globe every day? We are one of the leading e-commerce companies in the world. Our mission is to empower people and society through the Internet while aiming at becoming the No.1 Innovative Company in the world.
By joining our TECH community, the IT powerhouse of the group, you will be part of a diverse global team and play a central role in our technology and innovation. Aligning with TECH’s innovative nature, our Engagement and Loyalty Platform Department (ELPD) is thinking big: building scalable platforms that power the company's ecosystem worldwide.
And we in Point Platform Section are responsible for developing and operating the company's Point Platform, the most popular loyalty program in Japan. Through it, millions of users are connected everyday with popular services such as EC, Bank, Card, as well as to thousands of convenience stores all over Japan.
What we expect from you:
We are looking to add a senior software architect who can design, deliver and troubleshoot very large complex distributed systems with multiple components developed in different technologies. working as part of distributed team with wide responsibilities from design to development to operation. You will work closely with Product Managers to design and develop robust web-based applications for global scale. You should take ownership of the quality, delivery and reliability of these services which we develop. You should seek to continuously improve the system and process as well as mentoring other engineers.
- Join our development team to design and develop large scale internet applications in an agile environment.
- Deeply understand our product requirements, research and propose the ideal solutions for each.
- design and deliver platforms, tools and services to our internal and external clients / services.
- hands-on development work, and guiding other experienced Engineers.
- Seek out modern technologies and methodologies to drive productivity and efficiency.
- Continuously improve quality by designing and reviewing designs, work-flows and data storage and data indexing solutions.
- Take ownership of safe delivery and running off these applications all the way into production.
Our client is a large global Internet service company that has enjoyed sustained growth as they continue to expand their business in various new areas and industries. This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment in Japan. Our client actively strives to be an equal opportunity employer, and they have many female and foreign nationals in upper management positions. Their brand has also gained global recognition as they sponsor some of the world's most famous sports teams. Our client prides themselves in providing a comfortable working environment for their employees. Engineers are welcome to choose their own setup (Windows/Mac, etc.); whatever makes them comfortable! Free meals are also provided at the company cafeteria. Their chefs work to create exciting new menus and dishes, so employees never get tired of the food!
Flex (7.5 hours a day with core time 11:00-15:00)
*When there is Asakai (usually Monday morning), the core time is 8:00-12:00
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, Skillhouse Benefit, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Experience building, deploying and operating complex distributed system software.
- Experience and knowledge in breaking down monolithic software systems into individual services running in Docker containers in k8s and interacting with distributed data stores like Cassandra, Etcd, etc.
- Significant experience with multiple models of service connection (REST, streaming, …)
- Must have significant software development experience with the ability to still dive in and code.
- Very strong understanding of cloud technologies
- Knowledge understanding of networking and complex networked software systems
- Hands-on experience with modern distributed systems: Kubernetes, Cassandra, Hadoop, MongoDB
- Knowledge on modern stream processing using technology like Spark or Kafka.
- Knowledge on modern cloud-native, web-scale, multi-cloud micro-services.
- Knowledge on deployment orchestration to ensure zero-downtime deployments one week and troubleshooting complex authentication issues the next.
- Experienced with modern cloud-based software tools and approaches (Git, CI/CD, automated testing)
- Experienced with troubleshooter of software, databases, and networking
- Experienced with applications performance tuning & optimization.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Detail-oriented personality who does not lose sight of the big picture
- Self-starter who inspires others with their work ethic and drive
- Experience in managing small to mid-size development team.
- Any experience working in a globally distributed engineering team.