A large Internet service company is looking for a senior Python engineer to join their Recommendations and Personalization team in Tokyo offices. You will join an international team providing recommendations for all company services, and work on cutting-edge technologies and algorithms in order to improve and personalize customers experience.
In this position, you will interact with engineers and data scientists to provide the highest service quality to all clients. Your role will consist on developing and improving their current recommendations platform, which support many services and events in the Group. You will actively participate in the technical discussions and concrete implementations of new features to provide to their clients the best experience.
- Development of our core platform in Python
- Discuss and integrate new features requests to support our clients
- Help on production operations, and maintain our large-scale recommendations platform
- Investigate and bring new ideas and technologies to improve our platform
Our client is a large global Internet service company that has enjoyed sustained growth as they continue to expand their business in various new areas and industries. This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment in Japan. Our client actively strives to be an equal opportunity employer, and they have many female and foreign nationals in upper management positions. Their brand has also gained global recognition as they sponsor some of the world's most famous sports teams. Our client prides themselves in providing a comfortable working environment for their employees. Engineers are welcome to choose their own setup (Windows/Mac, etc.); whatever makes them comfortable! Free meals are also provided at the company cafeteria. Their chefs work to create exciting new menus and dishes, so employees never get tired of the food!
9:00 - 17:30（Mon - Fri）
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Expert knowledge of Python
- Experience with Linux systems
- Awareness of the good practices in development (PR, unitests, Continuous deployment/delivery, etc.)
- Experience in building and delivering production services
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Couchbase, Kafka, etc.
- Interests of data analytics, and data related challenges and concepts, is a plus
- Knowing Scala or Java is a plus