A leading mobile app of news aggregation services is looking for a Engineering Manager – News Ranking!
Searching for a talented and experienced Engineering Team Manager with machine learning skills and experience. Our client is the leading news aggregation services company. Their mobile application analyzes millions of articles to deliver most engaging information with high quality in near-real time fashion to millions of users around the world. The News Ranking team, along with the AI Foundation team, works on a range of recommendation and optimization problems, e.g. search ranking, collaborative filtering, personalized recommendation, discovery, diversification to deliver the world's high quality information to the people who need it.
- Manage and grow the Japan news ranking team to accomplish company objectives for developing and implementing a highly scalable news recommendation system with major responsibility to drive Japan user engagement
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and coaching to the team
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners (AI Foundation, AI Infrastructure, Data Platform and other related teams) to understand business needs, set technical roadmap for news recommendation team and drive its major projects together with senior members of the team
- Able to work across product and engineering division to orchestrate large scope projects that significantly improve news ranking and achieve key engagement KPIs for targeted markets
- Lead designing and developing high-level frameworks to integrate various contents, features, models into one single system of news ranking. Able to effectively trade-off overlapping/conflicting engagement metrics to optimize user experience in the interest of company mission
- Experience in designing machine learning algorithms, and applying them to real world problems
- Experience in managing an engineering team
- In-depth machine Learning expertise in natural language processing or recommendation systems
- Able to have deep end-to-end understanding of sophisticated ranking systems and able to design high level frameworks to fundamentally improve the system
- Able to build a strong team through hiring, as well as mentoring/growing managers/engineers by constantly challenging them with solid support
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Business Level English is the only language requirement
- MS or BS in computer science, mathematics, physics or other quantitative fields preferred