Fantastic opportunity for an experienced ETT Deployment Engineer to work for a leading company in the industry!
They are currently hiring an Emerging Technology Team (ETT) Deployment Engineer based out of Japan (Tokyo) to join our Avionics division, specifically our Information Management Services (IMS) Asia Pacific Airport Systems team.
Join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE!
The Deployment Engineer provides hardware and software installation expertise for the delivery of our Global Airports’ new products and services in the Asia Pacific. This person will be responsible for installing the hardware systems (Bag Drop units, eGates, cameras, kiosks, etc.) in the airport, configuring the software, perform any troubleshooting needed, and conducting initial system testing in order to prepare for operational and user testing.
This role might require 20% travel, both Domestic and Regional.
- Deploy full spectrum of our airports common use systems and products, at some of the worlds’ most prestigious airports within the Asia Pacific Region
- Participate in deployment activities required for airports in APAC – Travel to customer sites, perform site surveys, interface with local technical personnel, and perform installation activities.
- Also, assist in other critical projects at other airports within Asia Pacific region and travel to other sites if and when necessary
- Install, update, and test new and existing airline and airport applications, configure common-use workstations and peripherals. Install third-party software products and integrate them into our Airports’ common use and system integration products
- Follow established policies and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained
- Adhere to installation instructions and guidelines and use industry best practices in order to deliver the best quality service. Use the appropriate tools and equipment to perform the installation, intervention, and problem solutions in accordance with System Delivery guidelines and instructions where provided
- Provide best practices for day to day operations, performance analysis, tuning, and capacity planning for products deployed and suggest and implement performance improvements when necessary
- Proactively detect problems, report, and escalate the problems to the next level of support when they can’t be resolved in a timely manner. Interface with on-site maintenance personnel, provide 3nd level supports where needed in order to meet the Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Frequently interact with customers and coordinate with Airlines and Airport Authorities at airports regarding technical requirements, configurations and testing of airline and airport applications. Commission and hand over systems components and enhancements to customer representatives.
- Assist in design reviews and procurement
- Involves in all aspects of intra-Airports technical discussions involving technical problems at sites.
- Closely liaison with the project management organization, account management, customer support and sales team for technical exchange of information and planning of operations.
- Responsible for all projects to deploy Airport systems software, and where required, provide technical direction, supports and supervisions to junior engineers
- Maintain knowledge of existing and future products and requirements and industry trends within the Airports domain.
- Works with 1st and 2nd level technical support and development teams and other cross departments to assist in resolving engineering issues/problems. Actively addresses performance issues and risks
- Relevant experience in the implementation, administration, and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2019 and Windows 7/10 Operating System in both virtual and physical environments
- Experience as a System Engineer at an Enterprise IT company or managed services organization
- Hands-on experience in the implementation and troubleshooting of enterprise networks
- Knowledge and experience in TCP/IP, Layer 2 and 3 switching/routing, Cisco IOS, IP address provisioning, VLAN allocation and management, LAN and WAN environments, HSRP, DNS, DHCP
- Experience in the installation, configuration of Cisco routers, Switches, ASA, VPN
- Hands-on experience in Virtualization technologies such as VMware and its suite of virtualization products and tools such as vSphere, vCenter, vMotion, VMware Workstation, VMware Player, including the planning, deployment, configuration, and administration of host systems and virtual machines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related technical degree
- Basic knowledge of relational database management systems such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL server
- Working with enterprise server hardware platforms (HP and Dell)
- ISO processes, Technical writing skills, Troubleshooting methodologies
- PCI/DSS and other security standards such as ISO 27001
- Knowledge of a wide variety of airport innovational products and services such as biometrics facial recognition technologies, artificial intelligence, queue management systems
- Familiarity with IATA CUPPS and CUSS specifications
- Familiarity with Cloud computing concepts, cloud technologies, and service models.
- Basic Electrical Skills (Evidenced with appropriate qualifications)
- Basic Conveyor or Control Systems skills
- Knowledge of basic computing hardware and networking
- Weigh-scale system knowledge