A major IT service company is looking for a Android Engineer (Kotlin / Java).
Our investment into media and digital companies have been key drivers in its international and domestic Japan presence. With home-grown brands and acquisitions, the portfolio of companies within this domain is growing. The Digital Ecosystem Services Team’s mandate is to incubate and support initiatives within this portfolio of media and digital companies. Through creation of new products and services, we achieve economies of scale while implementing the latest technologies and best practices.
An area of expansion within the digital space is in video-based entertainment. In particular: video delivery, real-time video content, interactive video content, and community content will be leveraged to strengthen our digital product offerings and our ecosystem. By building the mobile apps, services, and infrastructure for the enablement of these product offerings, you will be creating new market opportunities. Along the way, you will be expected to explore new technologies and solve difficult problems.
- Be an expert in Android mobile application development
- Consult and keep up-to-date about the intricacies of developing within the Google ecosystem (e.g. Play store rules, submissions, payments, developer tools, etc.)
- Work with product and business teams to review, estimate, and prioritize features
- Collaborate with design, QA, and backend teams to ensure quality delivery
- Coordinate with remote teams on technical implementations
- Investigate and fix defects and performance issues
- Maintain good code quality and consistencies
- Review and refactor workflows to make whole development team more efficient
- Introduce new tools, practices, and automation
- Demonstrate new features and progress to product manager and/or stakeholders
【会社概要 | Company Details】
Our client is a large global Internet service company that has enjoyed sustained growth as they continue to expand their business in various new areas and industries. This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment in Japan. Our client actively strives to be an equal opportunity employer, and they have many female and foreign nationals in upper management positions. Their brand has also gained global recognition as they sponsor some of the world's most famous sports teams. Our client prides themselves in providing a comfortable working environment for their employees. Engineers are welcome to choose their own setup (Windows/Mac, etc.); whatever makes them comfortable! Free meals are also provided at the company cafeteria. Their chefs work to create exciting new menus and dishes, so employees never get tired of the food!
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
9:00 - 17:30（Mon - Fri）
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
各種社会保険完備（厚生年金保険、健康保険、労災保険、雇用保険）、 屋内原則禁煙（屋外に喫煙所あり）、 通勤交通費支給等
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Experience in Android mobile application development
- Demonstrable knowledge of Kotlin and Java
- Knowledge of using Web-based APIs in a mobile context
- Experience with UI development with wireframes and mocks from design teams
- Experience working in a software development team environment
- Usage of modern version control systems
- Programmatic video processing
- Consumer / client facing apps and services development
- Community and social network development
- Localization and multi-region distribution
- UI Testing frameworks
- Automation testing
- In-app payment and general payment processing workflows
- Working with remote teams