This is an amazing opportunity to join the TOP consulting company in the world.
This position will support the digitalization of our own services as well as the digital transformation of our clients, and will be a center for developing the solutions necessary to succeed in an increasingly competitive global landscape.
As a data scientist, you will work in a dynamic and evolving environment following the strategic direction.
You are the foremost experts in the Lighthouse in advanced modeling techniques and mathematical methods; algorithm use and optimization; and data science technologies.
Your role is to understand the full spectrum of data feature retrieval, selection, and engineering; model technique selection and integration; interpretation of outputs; and development of recommendations.
You are able to identify commonalities across seemingly disparate analytic use cases, in order to identify unique ways of approaching modeling.
- Retrieve, prepare, and process a rich data variety of data sources such as social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial data, legal data, and operational data.
- Analyze and model structured data and implement algorithms to support analysis using advanced statistical and mathematical methods from statistics, machine learning, data mining, econometrics, and operations research.
- Perform Statistical Natural Language Processing to mine unstructured data, using methods such as document clustering, topic analysis, named entity recognition, document classification, and sentiment analysis.
- Utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights, such as R, SAS, Clojure, Python, Spark, Hadoop, Qlikview, and Tableau.
- Translate advanced business analytic problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations, in diverse domains such as risk management, product development, marketing research, supply chain, and public policy; communicate results and educate others through insightful visualizations, reports and presentations.
- Perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working hypotheses, and uncover interesting trends and relationships.
Our client is a global consulting firm that established a Japanese corporation in 2014. They have strengths in M&A and business strategies, boasting an error rate close to zero.
9:00 - 18:00（Mon - Fri）
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, Skillhouse Benefit
- Deep knowledge/experience in statistics, data mining, machine learning, and/or natural language processing.
- Expert problem-solving ability through the use and/or development of algorithms, models, testing, etc.
- Generally MS or PhD-level math, statistics, operations research, engineering, computer science or econometrics.
- Deep experience in extracting, cleaning, preparing and modeling data.
- Experience with command-line scripting, data structures, and algorithms; ability to work in a Linux environment.
- Proficiency in analysis packages (e.g. R, SAS) and programming languages (e.g. Python, Clojure, Java, Scala).
- Ability to work with team members and clients to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve problems, using excellent problem-solving skills, verbal/written communication, and the ability to explain technical concepts to business people.
- Business or higher level of English communication skills.
Japanese communication skills helpful but not necessary.