A global Insurance company is seeking an IT Project Manager, delivering projects on time and on budget, to ensure client demand is matched to IT supply and resourced effectively across the various IT departments, leveraging an efficient set of processes for work intake, prioritization, capacity and exception management.
The successful candidate will help bridge the relationship between Product Analysts and the IT organization and has shared ownership & accountability with senior management for delivery of programs within their investment portfolio.
- Acts as single IT point of contact, liaison, and advocate between product analysts and all IT departments regarding application delivery
- Influences and manages expectations of Product Analysts and IT leadership.
- Shapes and strengthens external business and technology vendor relationships.
- Manages and maintains request co-work with Infrastructure delivery team (manager)
- 3+ years of experiences in line management for IT application development sections including: relationship management, project prioritization and governance, portfolio management, and staff management, or equivalent skill required
- People management skills for guiding/ influencing internal team
- Professional experiences in SDLC, Extreme Programming, Agile, MSF
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Proven ability in working effectively with all level of management and staff positions, including pressured situations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; Graduate Degree desirable
- Results driven, exceptionally self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail and strong sense of personal accountabilities
- Focused on excellence in own work and business/IT processes
- Experience working with diverse cultures, including working with offshore IT organizations
- PMP or equivalent industry certification
- 2+ years of enterprise experiences in management of external vendors (on/offshore) preferred, including multiple culture and languages
- Experiences in proposing business enhancement or IT governance improvement desirable
- Experience in operations support desirable
- Occasional need to work off hours, Occasional need to travel within or outside Japan