Senior Back End Engineer (Scala)
A Japanese IT solutions company is looking for a Senior Back End Engineer.
They are profitable, privately owned and headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
Their clients include some of the biggest names in the Japanese tech and gaming industry. They have a diverse team from all corners of the world and they are looking for a skilled backend engineer to help them expand Track, a product suite that helps companies evaluate, hire and train engineers.
- Design, develop, maintain and test new and existing backend features for their platform in Scala
- Collaborate with a distributed engineering team to help maintain a high quality code base
- Help evaluate and clarify product requirements and provide technical solutions that meet customers’ needs
- Monitoring and quick response to production bugs or failures to ensure stable operation of services. (** they pride theirselves in releasing high quality bug free code. Production incidents are extremely rare and the large majority are handled during core work hours.)
This company is working to develop the next generation of human resources to address the growing shortage of IT engineers in Japan. They promote joint research with universities on learning methods in the field of programming technology, where the speed of evolution is increasing, host a program to create innovators of top programmers and engineers and teach beginners how to enjoy programming, etc.
Flextime and 100% WFH
120 days, Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Family Allowance, Paid Leave, Parental Leave, Performance Bonus, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), Transportation Fee, etc.
- Professional experience driving the backend work of a commercial product using a JVM based language (Scala, Kotlin, Java) or a relevant modern programming language.
- Experience building REST APIs running over distributed infrastructure
- Interest in and practical application of basic functional programming concepts
- Familiarity with non blocking, asynchronous programming techniques (e.g. Futures, Akka/Actors, Typelevel/IO)
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)