Principal Infrastructure Engineer
A digital transformation, software solutions & managed services company is seeking a Principal Infrastructure Engineer responsible for designing, building, deploying & maintaining IT infrastructure for client projects ensuring tasks are executed on time & within scope.
The Principal Infrastructure Engineer will also assist the program manager in the preparation of project status reports with respect to infrastructure
- Direct/oversee infrastructure engineers at partner companies to build, configure, & support infrastructure technologies & solutions
- Translate architectural designs to operations in collaboration with architects
- Analyze technical requirements for the ‘modernization of core systems’ project & design infrastructure architecture across security, network, server, and platform
- Manage development environment, operation environment, platform and network
- Initiate & monitor actions to investigate patterns & trends to resolve problems
- Ensure information security controls to mitigate security threats are in place.
- Collaborate with stakeholders ensuring architecture is aligned with requirements
- Define non-functional requirements of the infrastructure: reliability, availability, scalability, performance, & security
- Perform testing to ensure compliance with infrastructure design standards
- Experience as an infrastructure engineer
- Strong experience with on-premises & private cloud infrastructure services
- Experience with AWS cloud migration projects
- Experience with automation & orchestration of infrastructure operational processes (Ansible, Puppet, Red Hat, VMware)
- Ability to identify complex & challenging problems, evaluate multiple options, & implement solutions.
- Productive & motivational leadership skills to lead a diverse team