Senior Database Solutions Architect
A global IT Services Company is seeking a Senior Database Solutions Architect to join their Enterprise Cloud Department.
As an architect, you will work with a team that specializes in providing architecture consulting services for multiple cross-functional projects, and you will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the overall architectural design.
- Designing and implementing databases for our organization, with a focus on scalability, performance, and availability
- Designing and architecting databases that can handle hundreds of millions of records across multiple regions
- Creating reusable, automated database deployments for private and public clouds
- Utilizing your expertise in relational and non-relational databases to help development teams identify potential bottlenecks and limitations in existing database architectures
- Guiding and mentoring other engineers on database design and implementation best practices
- Continuously improving the quality of database infrastructure
- Contributing to the long-term vision
Our client is a Global company with a strong presence across several business divisions. It has enjoyed sustained growth both domestically and overseas, including US and Europe. It proud itself of a diverse and international environment and a strong focus on equal opportunities, which translates into plenty of career opportunities. Given the variety of businesses, it deals with a strong variety of technologies so it is a great place to expand your skills!
Also, employees are welcome to choose their own setup (Windows/Mac, etc.); whatever makes them comfortable! Free meals are also provided at the company cafeteria. Their chefs work to create exciting new menus and dishes, so employees never get tired of the food!
9:00 - 17:30 (Mon-Fri)
*Hybrid Remote (4 days in office, 1 day work from home)
2 days off per week (Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays), year-end and New Year holidays, annual paid leave, marriage leave, leave for hospital visits during pregnancy, maternity leave before and after childbirth, spouse maternity leave, childcare leave at birth, childcare leave, child nursing leave, family care leave, shorter working hours during pregnancy/childcare/caregiving, staggered working hours, flex work system, overtime and Exemption from overtime, holidays, and late-night overtime work, telecommuting system, maternity benefits, lump-sum maternity and childcare benefits, in-house childcare center, milking room, Cabinet Office babysitter discount coupons, corporate contracts for housekeeping services, pre-employment leave/pre-return to work seminars, etc.
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance (employee pension insurance, health insurance, workers' accident compensation insurance, unemployment insurance), no smoking indoors (smoking areas are available outside), transportation expenses of up to 20,000 yen per month, free cafeteria, staggered working hours, telecommuting for pregnancy, childcare, nursing care, injury or illness, childcare and nursing support, stock option program, company dormitory, personal clothing employee dormitories, personal clothing allowed, preferential discounts for employees (moving, language study), etc.
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed database solutions on-premises
- Experience in database architecture
- Strong understanding of web application concepts
- Experience with CI/CD and automated testing
- Strong experience with a variety of relational (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB) and non-relational databases (Cassandra, Couchbase, HBase, Clickhouse, Tarantool, Redis)