A Top Fortune 500 Insurance Client, with a strong global presence across US and Europe, is looking for a talented Data Engineer in the Data Management and Operations Team.
The company has been investing extensively and rapidly growing their Data Science Department and are looking for people to take the lead in the process.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with users and project team on requirements and expectations
- Analyze business requirements, create proper data solutions that meets functional and non-functional requirements
- Define the data architecture, structure, storage, security model of data in HDFS, Hive, HBase, Solr, RestAPI
- Design and implement highly scalable data pipelines in Scala/Spark/Java for processing of extreme large amount of data
- Create and maintain reusable frameworks for data ingestion, validation, normalization, and transformation
US HQ Insurance Company with established office in major cities across the world and with over 40 years of experience in Japan. The company focuses on creating diverse environments including but not limited to promoting the appointment of women, and support career opportunities both locally and globally.
9:00 - 18:00（Mon - Fri）(Work from home due to COVID)
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【Services / Benefits】
High Earning Potential, Bonus up to 4 times at year, Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), Training etc.
- Working experience as developer or data engineer
- Solid knowledge and experience of Hadoop ecosystem
- Programming skills in Scala and Spark
- Strong capabilities in designing Database schemas on data platform
- Good knowledge of Oracle database, MS-SQL Server, MongoDB, Kerberos, Linux, networking
- Proficient in SQL, shell scripting, git, unit testing, CI/CD tools