Technology Audit Assistant Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our client, Global Fortune500 Insurance Client is looking for a talented Technology Audit Assistant Manager, to join the Technology Audit Team, in the Internal Audit department
Their Internal Audit consists of 50+ auditors across finance, technology, insurance operations, actuarial, data governance and data analytics areas. This department is considered as an industry frontrunner in adopting digitalization, Robotics Process Automation (RPA) and AI in its audit practice, and it consists of 300+ employees in global, regional and local audit roles.
The role of the Audit Assistant Manager is:
- Delivering and managing IT audit assignments to ensure that all IT, business and regulatory risks are anticipated, identified, recognized and appropriately managed in alignment with the departmental audit plan and initiatives.
- Applying their Audit Approach to audit assignments in a professional and effective manner in order to provide management with a fair, objective and technically accurate assessment of their system of internal controls.
- Supporting the Senior Manager / Audit Director / Assistant Vice Presidents in relation to the delivery of the audit plan and departmental activities.
If you have the right skillset, you are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Understanding and working together with Audit Senior Manager or Audit Directors expectations regarding deliverables and timeframes for IT audit projects on the audit plan.
- Drive internal audit efforts to increase overall value to the business.
- Provide management with an objective review of risks and controls from an independent view. Remain active with appropriate external professional organizations and keep informed on developments in the field of auditing, industry regulation and insurance practices.
- Provide proactive and relevant management reporting of audit activities and results to Audit Director or Assistant Vice President.
- Conduct continuous assessment of internal and external IT risks, develop, execute and provide oversight of audit plan covering identified risks, make effective and efficient use of audit resources in line with audit risk methodology.
- Manage and execute comprehensive IT audits using department guidelines, knowledge of the business and understanding of controls to provide management with an independent appraisal of the control environment.
- Support business audit team in conducting integrated audits and evaluating system application controls.
- Review and determine the Business’s compliance with established policies, procedures, laws and regulations, and existing regulatory requirements.
- Tracking and follow-up on open issues.
- Align Internal Audit process, risk and control activities to support business strategies through process-oriented thinking and end to end view capabilities.
- Assess effectiveness of key action plans provided by auditees to resolve control issues or risks.
- Delivering high quality reports, which are concise, easy to read and in a timely manner.
- Lead or participate in team or departmental level projects and initiatives ensuring that goals and target dates are met, and the work product is of high quality.
- Proactively engage with and manage auditees to ensure full understanding of expectations of the audits.
- Agreeing all issues with auditees to facilitate completion of final report.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with auditees and sustains an ongoing relationship with key business contacts.
- Supervision and direction to associates on delivering the audit plan, providing effective coaching on career development guidance, and actively engaging in the performance management process. Coaches team and develops audit staff as part of succession planning.
Global insurance company with over 40 years of experience in Japan with strengths in various sales channels and product lineup. The company focuses on creating diverse environments including but not limited to promoting the appointment of women.
9:00 - 18:00（Mon - Fri）(Work from home due to COVID)
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Combined experiences on IT audit, IT security compliance or IT development, IT operation.
- Good understanding of Generally Accepted Audit Standards, IIA Standards, risk and controls, audit sampling and testing methodologies, SOX (or J-SOX) requirements, risk management, regulatory reporting.
- Good understanding of IT General Controls across platforms (Application, OS, DB) for Change Management, User Access Management, Backup and Recovery Management, Batch Job Management and Problem/Incident Management.
- Good understanding of cloud governance, architecture, operation, security, compliance frameworks.
- Ability to understand and analyse data to plan and execute audit.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.