System Administrator (Unix)
A global finance firm is seeking a Unix Systems Administrator to join the UNIX Team providing dedicated support to internal Equity business unit’s systems including but not limited to COLO/DMZ infrastructure.
- Provide in-depth focused support for COLO/DMZ production infrastructure used for high frequency and low latency trading.
- Work very closely and potentially on a daily basis with High Frequency Trading Systems development, PMO, and support teams. Provide creative solutions and implement them within short and aggressive timeframes. Lead the acquisition of “know how” and use your knowledge to keep ranking as #1 on all Japan Exchanges.
- Interact confidently and directly with High Frequency Trading desk on a range of Client related needs. Occasionally get on the client calls, communicate with clients & interpret client needs into creative design and solutions for COLO DC.
- Participate and lead when required new Exchange connectivity build out projects. While these projects are infrequent, when undertaken require work to tight deadlines & very focused execution.
- Ability to work independently and also with team members in diverse locations such as: Greater Asia, Europe, and USA.
- Responsible for systems availability and smooth operations, troubleshooting, incident investigation, emergency escalation, and root cause analysis.
- Perform system administration tasks: software installation, configuration, software patching, system monitoring, performance tuning, capacity planning, and disaster recovery drills.
- Work with Cross Platform Engineering team to deliver solutions. Help to define requirements from operational perspective, negotiate for schedules, drive and implement engineered solutions.
- Carry out system changes by following the company policies and change management procedures, including requirement collection, proposing changes, impact assessment, testing in non-production environment, presentation in Change Management meetings, obtaining approvals, rolling out to production, and post-checking.
- Understand, negotiate and respond to IT security, auditing, compliance and regulatory requirements. Make sure systems & services conform to approved standards & requirements.
- Submit support cases & keep track the status, drive vendor to deliver solutions, fixes, & reports.
- Provide technical documentations of system architecture, operation procedures or run books.
【会社概要 | Company Details】
Our client is a Japan-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. The company has over 90 years’ history and driven by over 28,000 employees worldwide.
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
8:40 ‐ 17:40（Mon ‐ Fri）
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, etc.
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Direct hands-on experience with Enterprise Red Hat Linux (RHEL) on bare metal.
- Decent understanding and experience with latency optimization, capacity and computational tuning of RHEL on bare metal.
- Scripting skills with any of the following: shell, python, perl
- Good understanding of AutoSys or similar scheduling tool.
- Practical experience with enterprise level UNIX management: LDAP Authentication, Kerberos, Ansible Tower
- Good understanding of high performance computing using HP servers or similar. Working understanding of BIOS tuning, firmware options for low latency networking.
- Familiarity with Solarflare, Onload, PTP or similar high performance networking hardware/software
- Working experience with time server technologies ex: Meinberg receivers and GPS or similar.
- Familiar with DNS/DHCP and QIP management software or equivalent.
- Good understanding of network Firewalls.
- Experience in supporting UNIX.
- Need to embrace concept of SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) i.e. standardize and automate.
- Highly vigilant in IT Governance and IT Security.
- Tibco RV or similar Middleware messaging software knowledge is desirable.
- Understanding and experience with DevOps.