IT Application Support Engineer
World’s No.2 worldwide producer of wines and spirit is looking for an IT Application Support Engineer to join their team in Japan.
This position is a 6-month initial contract with 6 to 12-month renewal depending on the staff with indefinite renewals.
The candidate will take in charge for the following applications’ support tasks.
- Oracle JD Edwards E1
- SFA: Salesforce.com
- BI: Oracle OBIEE
- EDI: File Transfer Protocol (FTP), system interface
- Perform application routine maintenance or to resolve routine issues
- System user account maintenance: activate, deactivate, modify user account based on user form provided by supervisor
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) maintenance: debugging, fix and manual execution of the FTP when issue is being reported / spotted
- Check monthly logs of PRJ key applications (.txt file), ensure data accuracy and report errors if any
- Report to related department end-users if any data error(s) is spotted
- Ensure that the related department end-users resolve the issue(s) found
- If the issue is unable to be resolved by the related department end-users, escalate it to supervisor for further action
- Modify and update the parameters of the monthly checking batch file (.bat)
- Business requirements: gather end-users change requirements; understand and investigate the requirements and the impacts to systems and/or daily processes, in coordination with local supervisor or regional IT
- System change requirements: gather request provided by end-users for data bulk upload / update to PRJ systems, validate the accuracy of the data provided by the end-users (data format, data columns, file type…), log the request into the ITSM, monitor and engage with Local/Regional IT to ensure the change request is performed in a timely manner, check and confirm the changes made by Local/Regional IT, update end-users on the progress of the change request
- Perform 1st level application support on PRJ systems / resolve issues reported
- Engage with end-users to ensure the issues reported are fully understood and also the urgency to ensure timeline is agreed upon
- Engage with Local or Regional IT to ensure issue is solved on a timely manner
No.2 worldwide producer of wines and spirits. The Company's line of business includes the wholesale distribution of distilled spirits, including neutral spirits and ethyl alcohol used in blended wines and distilled liquors.
09:00 am – 17:30 Mon-Fri (WFH 3-4 days a week for now)
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Experience in SQL queries
- Knowledge of ITIL foundation
- Experience in distribution and/or accounting system support
- Experienced in Reporting system (ex: Oracle OBIEE, equivalent such as Crystal Report)
- Knowledge in Project Management methodology
- IT Project and IT Business Process Management
- User/Stakeholder Management