Software Engineer/DevOps (Search Platform)
Leading IT service company is looking for a Software Engineer/DevOps.
Their group has more than 70 businesses worldwide spanning e-commerce, digital content, communications and FinTech, bringing together more than 1.2 billion members across the world.
We have a diversified workforce made up of talented employees from more than 70 countries and regions.
The search platform team provides some of the most important touch points for our e-commerce customers. We strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and the richness of functionalities to provide the most amazing user experience. To do so, we continuously consume and learn from large-scale data sets as well as deliver some of the largest distributed systems deployments in the company.
We are looking for talented, passionate and action oriented individuals to challenge what existing Search technologies can do & going beyond. With understanding of latest technologies and trends, you will utilize your experience to solve complex difficult problems to evolve and grow Search Platform.
The search platform team has a diverse portfolio of development activities. Based on your interest, you might also get the opportunity to work on:
- large scale distributed system
- large scale data processing
- core search engine development and information retrieval solutions
- data science
- machine learning
- computational linguistics
The search platform team is looking for a Platform Software Engineer (Java/DevOps) to join us.
As a core member of the team, you will be responsible for design, documentation, implementation and testing of our self-service search platform, including:
- API-based service configuration and deployment for automation
- Design to scale to very large deployments (>1000 servers)
- Provide end-user administrative console
- You are expected to contribute to the evolution of the architecture of the platform
- You are expected to embrace emerging standards and technologies while promoting best practices
Our client is a large global Internet service company that has enjoyed sustained growth as they continue to expand their business in various new areas and industries. This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment in Japan. Our client actively strives to be an equal opportunity employer, and they have many female and foreign nationals in upper management positions. Their brand has also gained global recognition as they sponsor some of the world's most famous sports teams. Our client prides themselves in providing a comfortable working environment for their employees. Engineers are welcome to choose their own setup (Windows/Mac, etc.); whatever makes them comfortable! Free meals are also provided at the company cafeteria. Their chefs work to create exciting new menus and dishes, so employees never get tired of the food!
Flex (7.5 hours a day with core time 11:00 – 15:00)
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), Commutation Fee covered up to 20,000 JPY per month, Free breakfast, lunch and dinner, Casual clothes is acceptable
- Experience in backend systems development and DevOps
- Java programming proficiency (or similar general purpose languages)
- Rich experience with Linux systems usage and troubleshooting
- Experience with Web API development
- Experience with DevOps best practices and a broad range of software languages and technologies
- Experience to application packaging, cluster management and orchestration solutions (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with and working knowledge of IP networking systems and protocols (load balancing proxies)
- Experience with monitoring solution
- Experience with high availability, fault tolerant and self-healing systems
- Experience with performance sensitive (low latency, highly scalable) systems
- Knowledge of E-Commerce or Search