Data Engineer (Analytics Platform)
One of the leading e-commerce companies in the world is looking for an experienced Data Engineer.
Their mission is to empower people and society through the internet while aiming at becoming the Global Innovation Company.
Our team is responsible for processing the biggest data pipeline, collecting 2 billion events daily.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. We are searching for an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
- Build and maintain large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks and technologies like Spark, Hive, Flink, Spark-Streaming, Hadoop, etc.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Improve data quality through testing, tooling and continuously evaluating performance
- Work in cross-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
Our client is a large global Internet service company that has enjoyed sustained growth as they continue to expand their business in various new areas and industries. This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment in Japan. Our client actively strives to be an equal opportunity employer, and they have many female and foreign nationals in upper management positions. Their brand has also gained global recognition as they sponsor some of the world's most famous sports teams. Our client prides themselves in providing a comfortable working environment for their employees. Engineers are welcome to choose their own setup (Windows/Mac, etc.); whatever makes them comfortable! Free meals are also provided at the company cafeteria. Their chefs work to create exciting new menus and dishes, so employees never get tired of the food!
Flex (7.5 hours a day with core time 11:00 – 15:00)
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), Commutation Fee covered up to 20,000 JPY per month, Free breakfast, lunch and dinner, Casual clothes is acceptable
- Ability to work with high volume heterogeneous data tools such as Spark, Hive, Pandas, Hadoop, etc.
- Expert in Scala and at least one more object-oriented/object function scripting languages, such as Python, Java, etc.
- Knowledgeable about stream-processing frameworks or platforms such as Flink, Spark Streaming, Kafka, etc.
- Proactive in caring about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- SQL (Hive, Presto)
- Familiar with Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics