Senior Product Support Engineer (IT Consultant)
The Product Support Engineer plays a critical role in delivering world-class service to clients. As the third line support function, it carries responsibility for low-level investigation of service deficiencies and enhancement requests. The role liaises regularly with numerous departments internally at all levels including Value Added Services, Settlement and Reporting, Product Development, Product Management, Operations, and their equivalent entities globally. This role will troubleshoot all service faults and enhancement requests, with a primary focus on a strategic client in Japan, offering response and resolution within agreed service level targets.
Work streams covered by this role are scheduled, proactive and reactive in nature making this one of the most varied and flexible roles within the company. The role carries implicit seniority, so whilst there is no management of staff, the candidate will be required to offer training and coaching to junior engineers and present technical issues to non-technical colleagues at all levels within the organization. This role reports into the Director, Product Support Engineering.
- Act as technical escalation point for client issues, both internally and, where required, externally.
- Field escalated tickets from support teams globally.
- Investigate 3rd line issues arising from client use of services in line with agreed SLA.
- Liaise internationally with junior engineers and Technical Account Managers (TAMs) to report on issues affecting service relationship with all tiers of merchant.
- Incident Management - Represent Client Services on Incidents and manage both internal and external communication.
- Coordinate the international escalation of service issues across time zones to ensure timely resolution of client requests and to optimize service continuity.
- Liaise with Account Managers and senior management team to provide optimal service to merchants and occasionally share ownership of service relationship with client as required.
- Answer internal enquiries directed toward the support team of a technical and account related nature.
- Educate both junior engineers and non-technical staff through training and presentation.
- Deliver client experience advice and feedback to internal development and product teams to ensure optimum product usability.
- Achieve and maintain status as SME across one or more product lines.
Our client is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year.
09:00 – 18:00 (Mon-Fri) (WFH 2 days / week, in office three days / week)
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- 8 years of technical consulting or business analysis experience with focus on enterprise delivery
- 5 years of experience in product management, ideally using multiple software development methodologies
- Exposure to payment industry domain, ideally across multiple payment players
- Experience with requirements analysis, business development, and risk management
- Quantitative-focused bachelor’s degree, such as Business, Computer Science
- Unified Modeling Language (UML) certification and/or experience interpreting and constructing