Section Manager (Media Platform Section)
As a section manager, it is expected to lead product management group, engineering group and quality assurance group.
This position has ownership for defining product vision and strategy and negotiating stakeholders to provide excellent products.
- Manage product management, engineering and QA group. By leading improvement of user experience and platform, expected to provide advanced and innovative streaming platforms to customers
- Define product vision, planning and prioritize development tasks to meet business strategy
- Negotiate to stakeholders to manage development budget and product roadmap
- Hire, coach and grow next leaders through hiring to enhance overall team performance
- Understand member competencies and build an organization that encourage member growth
- Decide quick and appropriate directions to handle system troubles and accidents, negotiate to stakeholders to minimize the customer impacts
- Improve products and propose product vision and roadmap, by continuously researching competitors and advanced solutions in the industry.
Our client is a large global Internet service company that has enjoyed sustained growth as they continue to expand their business in various new areas and industries. This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment in Japan. Our client actively strives to be an equal opportunity employer, and they have many female and foreign nationals in upper management positions. Their brand has also gained global recognition as they sponsor some of the world's most famous sports teams. Our client prides themselves in providing a comfortable working environment for their employees. Engineers are welcome to choose their own setup (Windows/Mac, etc.); whatever makes them comfortable! Free meals are also provided at the company cafeteria. Their chefs work to create exciting new menus and dishes, so employees never get tired of the food!
9:00 - 17:30（Mon - Fri）*Hybrid (in Office/WFH)
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), Commutation Fee covered up to 20,000 JPY per month, Free breakfast, lunch and dinner, Casual clothes is acceptable
- Software development experience over 10 years
- Product Management or Project Management experience over 5 years
- People management experience over 5 years
- Have managed managers or leader / leads more than 10 members
- Ability to commit the project and having strong passion for project
- Communication skills to negotiate with stakeholders / having flexible mindset
- Ability to always think about maximizing customer satisfaction and defining excellent product vision
- Ability to research and adopt appropriate technologies and provide innovative products
- Ability to deal with unexpected accidents
- Budget management experience
- Experience in server infrastructure operation(Private or Public)
- Full stack engineer experience
- Knowledge of streaming technologies
- Experience in large-scale traffic service or B to C service operation
- Business level English speaking and writing