Web Application Engineer (Leisure Service: PHP, Java or Kotlin)
Leading IT service company is looking for Web Application Engineer (Leisure Service: PHP, Java or Kotlin).
The Leisure Product Department (LPD) is handling a lineup of lifestyle and leisure related services, some of them being category leaders in the Japanese market.
They aim at growing globally and becoming world leaders through innovation and technology. In order to achieve this, they are now looking for globally minded engineers to contribute to the development of our services.
Services in LPD are growing rapidly hence to support the business growth we need to have a robust and scalable system. Additionally, they are committed to give the best user experience on our services. That requires a bigger team and a high level of engineering skill. With this goal we are planning to increase the number of employees.
They are looking for an experienced full-stack/backend web application engineer who has a passion for working on complex/large systems and understands the importance of maintaining and supporting one.
You will be joining one of our teams of diversely skilled engineers who actively support the maintenance of existing their system related to lifestyle and leisure related services.
As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to;
- Design & Develop features on small to large scale systems
- Handle operations like releases to Production environments
- Learn about and perform load/performance tests on high access systems
- Interact and work with members from other development teams, Product Managers, UX/UI designers and QA engineers
A commitment to team collaboration, good communication and resilient system design and maintenance is important.
Young members in their late 20s to early 30s, from various countries and different cultural backgrounds. In addition, there is no barrier between job titles and services in charge, and the entire department has an open and flat atmosphere, and we are very active in exchange meetings with other groups such as information sharing meetings and problem solving. In short, it is a very lively cross-cultural environment where we can work, learn and have fun with each other and grow together.
【会社概要 | Company Details】
Our client is a large global Internet service company that has enjoyed sustained growth as they continue to expand their business in various new areas and industries. This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment in Japan. Our client actively strives to be an equal opportunity employer, and they have many female and foreign nationals in upper management positions. Their brand has also gained global recognition as they sponsor some of the world's most famous sports teams. Our client prides themselves in providing a comfortable working environment for their employees. Engineers are welcome to choose their own setup (Windows/Mac, etc.); whatever makes them comfortable! Free meals are also provided at the company cafeteria. Their chefs work to create exciting new menus and dishes, so employees never get tired of the food!
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
9:00 - 17:30（Mon - Fri）
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
各種社会保険完備（厚生年金保険、健康保険、労災保険、雇用保険）、 屋内原則禁煙（屋外に喫煙所あり）、 通勤交通費支給等
Social insurance, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), Commutation Fee covered up to 20,000 JPY per month, Free breakfast, lunch and dinner, Casual clothes is acceptable
- Over 3 years’ experience of web application development with any of the following languages: PHP, Java, or Kotlin
- Experience with RDBMS
- Experience with version control system
- Experience with Unix / Linux (shell scripting, web administration, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Experience with Web Application Framework (Kotlin/Java/Spring boot, PHP/Laravel, etc.)
- Experience in API development using Java, Kotlin or PHP
- Experience working on e-commerce system
- Experience working on DevOps-related tasks
- Experience with system development using any of the following: Container, Queue system, Kubernetes and/or NoSQL
- Familiar with testing principles for application, Unit/Integration/Functional Testing