A global investment financial firm is seeking a System Administrator (SA) responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software & related infrastructure, ensuring each component & related procedures adhere to organizational standards.
The successful candidate will be accountable for Linux and Windows systems and also assist project teams in planning and deployment phases.
System Administration Engineering and Provisioning
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage etc in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems supporting infrastructure and business applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Research & recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
- Daily system monitoring, verifying integrity & availability of hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups, managing recovery media, recycling and off site storage
- Security monitoring to identify potential intrusions
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary
- Create, change and delete user accounts per request
- Provide Tier III/other support as requested. Investigate/ troubleshoot issues
- Repair /recover from hardware/software failures. Coordinate / communicate with impacted units
- Apply OS patches / upgrades, & upgrade administrative tools/ utilities. Configure/Add new services
- Upgrade & configure system software that supports applications per project or operational needs
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, & resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory and disk partitions as required
- Maintain datacentre environmental and monitoring equipment
9:00 – 18:00, Mon – Fri
Hybrid: In-office / Work from Home, on rotation. (Subject to change)
- Experience as System Administrator in large IT environments with focus on finance institutions.
- Hands on skills/experience in Windows Server, Linux Server, Hyper-V Virtualization, Active Directory, Databases
- Hands on skills for Automation/Scripting
- Security Management experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and easily
- Ability to analyse and summarise
- Capacity to cooperate/Ability to work across disciplines.
- Results driven
- Team Oriented
- University or engineer graduate
- Certification: Microsoft, Linux, ITIL, PMP