Senior Robotics Software Engineer
Their Tokyo Platform team is hiring a software engineer capable of building a state-of-art scalable and standard automated forklift product. The team works closely with some of the premier enterprise customers in Japan to build the pioneering robotics solutions by leveraging them, their cloud robotics platform, and the surrounding ecosystem. The team’s mission is to pioneer and complete development of scalable, collaborative, and flexible automated forklift in 2022.
In this role, the robotics software engineer will be responsible for:
- Software and system development/testing/integration for safe and fast automated forklift
- Collaborating with other teams to build a common stack for all products
- Tool development to improve development workflow
- Evaluation of cutting-edge technologies and deployment to production
【会社概要 | Company Details】
This company is a global technology startup that builds cloud robotics solutions. Their goal is to empower lives through connected machines so humans can focus on intellectually challenging and creative work.
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
9:00/10:00 - 18:00/19:00（Mon - Fri）
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, Skillhouse Benefit, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Robotics, or a similar field of study
- At least 6 years of experience in software development
- At least 2 years of experience in software development experience related to robotics
- At least 2 years of experience in C++ and Python
- Ability to read and write technical document in English
- Ability to communicate with customers in Japanese fluently
- Comprehensive knowledge in one or more of the following topics:
- Robot Navigation
- Motion Planning
- Machine Learning
- Computer Vision
- Experience in designing and implementing production-grade multi-robot systems or other distributed systems
- Experience in embedded system development
- Experience in cloud computing, web technologies and protocols (HTTP, WebSockets, etc), database technologies (RDBMS and NoSQL)
- Experience in DevOps, TDD, and CI/CD practices
- Participant in robotic competitions, e.g. RoboCup, DARPA Grand Challenge, and/or contributions to open source projects
- Experience in software development related to forklift, ADAS, factory automation or logistics industries.
- English language proficiency