Database Administrator (MS SQL Server: 4613)
The Order Management System (OMS) Group is a part of the Logistics Department. We are in charge of development, operation and maintenance of the OMS.
The members are subdivided into 5 Scrum Teams. Each of the Scrum Team has 6-8 Engineers including a QA Engineer.
With the growth of the group and product, the OMS group is currently looking for a DBA who can be responsible for the architecture and performance of database.
- Assist developers with architecture of database interactions
- Monitor and tune database queries and stored procedures, paying particular attention to changes in application and process usage and data volume
- Develop and maintain stored procedures to improve overall performance
- Review Schema changes made by the development team
- Work with the Infrastructure team to plan for future database capacity
- Work with system infrastructure team to validate applications after operating system or database patches and upgrades
OMS (called BOSS) sits between the E-Commerce system and the Warehouse Management System. Basically all orders placed in the E-Commerce system will be processed in the OMS before it will be sent to the Warehouses where the picking and shipping of the goods will take place.
The system has 3 main functions:
- Item/Product Management
- Inventory Management
- Order Management
【会社概要 | Company Details】
Our client is a large global Internet service company that has enjoyed sustained growth as they continue to expand their business in various new areas and industries. This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment in Japan. Our client actively strives to be an equal opportunity employer, and they have many female and foreign nationals in upper management positions. Their brand has also gained global recognition as they sponsor some of the world's most famous sports teams. Our client prides themselves in providing a comfortable working environment for their employees. Engineers are welcome to choose their own setup (Windows/Mac, etc.); whatever makes them comfortable! Free meals are also provided at the company cafeteria. Their chefs work to create exciting new menus and dishes, so employees never get tired of the food!
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
9:00 - 17:30 (Mon - Fri)
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
各種社会保険完備（厚生年金保険、健康保険、労災保険、雇用保険）、 屋内原則禁煙（屋外に喫煙所あり）、 通勤交通費支給等
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Experience with Installing, configuring and upgrading MS SQL databases
- MS SQL Administration including:
- Troubleshooting database problems in both production and non-production environments
- Performance tuning of MS SQL databases
- Proficiency with MS SQL tools (SQL Profiler, Management studio etc)
- Coding scripts, stored procedures, functions, etc.
- Developing methods for monitoring
- Understanding of current IT service standards
- Experience as a MS SQL DBA