Senior Data Scientist
A social impact startup is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join their team. This role will work closely with engineers to develop and run statistical models to understand user behaviors and provide the most relevant matching recommendations. You will collaborate directly with finance and business leaders to produce modeling solutions, partner with software developers to build end-to-end data pipelines and production code, and have exposure to senior leadership as we communicate results and provide scientific guidance to the business.
You will analyze large amounts of business data, automate, and scale the analysis, and develop metrics that will enable the company to continually delight our users worldwide. As a successful data scientist, you are an analytical problem solver who enjoys diving into data, is excited about investigations and algorithms, can multi-task, and can credibly interface between technical teams and business stakeholders. Your analytical abilities, business understanding, and technical savvy will be used to identify specific and actionable opportunities to solve existing business problems and look around corners for future opportunities.
You will build models and tools using technical knowledge in machine learning, statistical modeling, probability and decision theory, and other quantitative techniques; utilize SQL and code (Python, R, etc.) for analyzing data and building statistical models to solve specific business problems; improve upon existing methodologies by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters.
- Build in data collection to enable a scalable recommender engine (e.g. interactions data, user networks table, tags)
- Compose synthetic datasets based on the schema and with the appropriate volume and attributes distribution to carry out modelling for the recommender engine
- Build a business logic
- Build a scalable recommender engine, incl. exploring open source and commercial technologies and getting a cost projection for future resource use and cost
- Integrate within the existing schema and back end
- Produce and serve the output, API, and integrating within the app
- Test and assess against business goals
A social impact startup. They are building a community app for social change makers with a mission to accelerate social change by bringing people together. Many people are interested in contributing to social impact projects, but few of them can do so. They leverage this untapped potential by helping them contribute to society in an easy, fun way through a purpose-driven community app, AI recommendations, and community currency.
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), Unlimited vacation Days, Remote work allowance, etc.
- Experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.), statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab), or AWS products
- Experience working as a Data Scientist