Senior Application Developer (C#/Java)
A global finance firm seeks an experienced Senior web application developer (C#/ Java) experienced in end-to-end development, able to work effectively in a team, collaborating with peers around the world to reinvigorate and modernize an entire suite of technology platforms that ensure clients have timely access to research using latest technologies. The position will be focused on a platform that provides tools for Analysts to package and present financial analysis for further distribution.
The successful candidate will be delivery focused with solid skills in financial application design and development, for both front and back-end components. As the Research environment is undergoing constant evolution, the ability to be adaptive, receptive, work well under pressure and independently manage time commitments are important factors to being successful.
- Be a key contributor in building a state-of-the-art financial data repositories and maintenance tools, using latest technologies: C#, Excel, Java, JSON, Oracle & MySQL.
- Build and maintain an Excel-based UI that Research Analysts will use to interact with their analytical data, market data and upload the resultant data to a Research publishing system.
- Day to day support for Research Analysts who use platform to model and analyse financial data.
- Contribute innovative ideas to solve complex business problems, and provide the capability to build solutions that are innovative, responsive and reliable.
- Incorporate methodologies to ensure that the system is fully fault-tolerant, resilient and consistent across geographic locations (Japan, AEJ, US & EMEA).
- Ensure high coding standards, and impeccable adherence to rules and requirements that are mandated to be incorporated into the new system.
- Participate in the full software development life cycle.
- Provide level 2 and 3 support whenever required.
【会社概要 | Company Details】
Our client is a Japan-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. The company has over 90 years’ history and driven by over 28,000 employees worldwide.
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
8:40 ‐ 17:40（Mon ‐ Fri）
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, etc.
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
各種社会保険完備（厚生年金保険、健康保険、労災保険、雇用保険）、 屋内原則禁煙（屋外に喫煙所あり）、 通勤交通費支給等
- Development experience in: C#, Excel & Java
- Experienced in developing user-friendly, multi-lingual (English & Japanese) applications.
- Experience with creating backend REST services that query databases and provide data to downstream systems
- Experience in building and maintaining external market data feeds into central database
- Working knowledge of DevOps (automated build, test and deployment) tools.
- Relational database and SQL scripting skills: Querying, Debugging, Optimization.
- Familiarity with GitLab or other version control systems.
- Experience of working with documentation and ticketing systems: Confluence & JIRA.
- Understanding of the issues around creating, deploying, and supporting a client side application in a production environment, including authentication, server connectivity, basic networking, logging, etc.
- Experience and/or familiarity with financial data management systems.
- Experience with Excel plug-in development (.Net, C#, VBA).
- Experience with test automation tools (Zephyr).
- Experience with Spring Framework.
- Experience with vector graphics (SVG, EMF) creation and manipulation.