Leading IT service company’s Information Security & Privacy Governance Department’s scope of activity is expanding to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving regulatory landscape.
They are seeking project manager to manage, lead and deliver data governance related projects. Their work reaches across not only multiple groups and organizations, but also across their many companies, touching numerous complex structures and technical systems. They seek to empower their fellow by ensuring we create the highest of compliance and safety standards that will work in our complex environment.
In the Data Governance Office, they help themselves maximize the value of its data, safely as well as collaborate with each other to rapidly deliver data governance solutions to challenging governance issues and seek out new opportunities to challenge the status quo and create value through proper data governance.
As a team, we understand that data governance often means challenging the status quo.
They welcome the challenge and responsibility of making a change for the better in the world around us and look forward to working with you as we turn vision into reality.
You will manage multiple projects in complex organizational environments where roles and responsibilities, requirements and goals are not clear. You will deliver these projects utilizing your leadership and ability to understand, simplify, document and share project information. You will need to keep your projects’ stakeholders happy and surprise-free throughout the duration of the projects by proactively communicating with them. Your reports need to be accurate and transparent.
Projects vary from policy implementation to process improvement and product deployment to business issue fixing. The project manager will need to adapt his project management and communication styles to each project to ensure a successful delivery.
These projects require working and communicating with people of different levels of English and Japanese language ability.
- Managing and clarifying the scope of the initial phase, and defining a clear scope for future project phases;
- Working with the Business Analyst to analyze various business strategies to determine, clarify and document the underlying business requirements;
- Ensuring the Business Analyst documents clear functional, process or other requirements documentation;
- Ensuring stakeholders agree with and approve scope and requirements;
- Defining a plan and approach for delivering the determined scope and requirements;
- Working with various stakeholders to clarify roles and responsibilities in future project phases, and to define the ideal composition for the project team;
- Managing project risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies;
- Ensuring all aspects of the project are clearly defined and documented
【会社概要 | Company Details】
Our client is a large global Internet service company that has enjoyed sustained growth as they continue to expand their business in various new areas and industries. This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment in Japan. Our client actively strives to be an equal opportunity employer, and they have many female and foreign nationals in upper management positions. Their brand has also gained global recognition as they sponsor some of the world's most famous sports teams. Our client prides themselves in providing a comfortable working environment for their employees. Engineers are welcome to choose their own setup (Windows/Mac, etc.); whatever makes them comfortable! Free meals are also provided at the company cafeteria. Their chefs work to create exciting new menus and dishes, so employees never get tired of the food!
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
9:00 - 17:30（Mon - Fri）
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
各種社会保険完備（厚生年金保険、健康保険、労災保険、雇用保険）、 屋内原則禁煙（屋外に喫煙所あり）、 通勤交通費支給等
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Experience working as an IT project manager;
- Experience scoping and planning multiple complex IT projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Risk, issue, assumption and dependency management;
- Experience with project management practices, tools, and methodology
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, manage projects and drive/achieve results, while working with minimal direction
- Strong prioritization, organizational, and time management skills;
- Good stakeholder management and influencing skills;
- Able to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to understand conflicting viewpoints and find a ‘middle way’
- Information Security knowledge/understanding
- Privacy knowledge/understanding
- Data Governance knowledge/understanding
- Atlassian tools