A Leading AI firm is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to help create services powered by AI algorithms.
Successful candidates will join a highly skilled team, and should be able to help define, clarify, develop, test, and deploy high-quality backend solutions to various environments. This is a hands-on engineering management role (60% engineering & architecture + 40% management).
- Managing a team of software engineers who range from frontend, backend, and fullstack engineering
- Improving the productivity of the team
- Choosing alongside other stakeholders who is the right candidate for a particular project
- Taking the lead on architecture and delivering successful projects (I.e. a major feature)
- Guiding and mentoring other engineers in proper engineering practices through code review and pair programming (we code review 100% of PRs using GitHub)
- Defining backend architecture and implementation details of new features in cooperation with other team members including our machine learning teams
- Constantly improve and stay up to date (within reason) on new and safe technologies to use (we are a startup in a rapidly changing field)
【会社概要 | Company Details】
This venture company provides cutting-edge AI solutions to improve people's quality of work and life. This is a multi-cultural environment with team members from 19 different nationalities.
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
9:00 - 18:00（Mon - Fri）
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
各種社会保険完備（厚生年金保険、健康保険、労災保険、雇用保険）、 屋内原則禁煙（屋外に喫煙所あり）、 通勤交通費支給等
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Managing a team of backend/full stack engineers
- Demonstrated experience in leading a group of engineers and improving the productivity of the team
- Building and maintaining scalable, high-throughput message queue architectures
- Deep understanding of distributed systems
- Building B2B or B2C cloud systems using Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, or Microsoft Azure
- Automating testing and deployment of containerized applications
- Ability to lead the team through being goal-oriented and customer-focused
- Work alongside other stakeholders such as Project Management, Product Management and occasionally Sales