Our Client, one of the biggest Insurance services and product providers in Japan, is looking for an innovative and passionate Data Engineer – Data Platform to join their Data Development Team. If you have the right skillsets you are encouraged to apply within.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Platform Engineering team which a part of the IT Organization's “Information Management” (IM) Group.
Core responsibilities will include:
Design, Engineering and buildout to further the expansion of the IM Data Platforms, while functioning as an integral member of the IM core team, supporting the platforms in scope (Hadoop, Qlik, ETL, in-house built applications).
- Design, Testing and Initial deployment of new Data Platforms or Feature enhancements to existing Data Platforms. This may include data flow design, security design, High Availability and DR design, Capacity and performance planning depending on the platform – Generally Project based
- Documentation, training and handover of platforms and capabilities to the Data Operations team
- L3 escalation support for Production issues
- Consultation to projects from a data engineering perspective, helping Data application teams in understanding and integration with the platform and Infrastructure.
- Data Project coordination and in some cases control of vendors if there is staff augmentation in larger projects
- Improving manageability, security and governance of Data platforms
【会社概要 | Company Details】
Global insurance company with over 40 years of experience in Japan with strengths in various sales channels and product lineup. The company focuses on creating diverse environments including but not limited to promoting the appointment of women.
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
9:00 - 18:00（Mon - Fri）
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
各種社会保険完備（厚生年金保険、健康保険、労災保険、雇用保険）、 屋内原則禁煙（屋外に喫煙所あり）、 通勤交通費支給等
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Strong infrastructure knowledge and basic IT knowledge (Linux, Database, Network, Security, etc)
- Knowledge and experience of Hadoop ecosystems, eg Hortonworks or Cloudera etc.
- Able to quickly learn complex new platforms and adapt to a continuous evolving ecosystem of multiple moving/evolving components
- Some familiarity with BI tools on Windows (eg Qlik) is a plus but not a hard requirement. - Data structures and data management knowledge and experience. Basic SQL knowledge at a minimum.
- Some knowledge on graph theory, graph databases, statistics or data science also a plus.
- Knowledge on Docker containers, CICD tools