The Commerce specialized development group (EC Marketplace Mall Development Department) owns native mobile shopping applications as a portion of their Marketplace, which is the largest commerce service in Japan. Our customers spend time on their marketplaces which are serving Japan, Taiwan and other countries across Android, iOS and Web applications.
They are committed to making the whole user experience better than today to delight our customers, and ensure its' quality by hearing our customers' voice. Our responsibility is to bring our product up one step further but without being opinionated.
This position is an Android native application Engineer within commerce domain. They do developing for mainly four mobile applications.
Each product is managed by an individual team. The team is focusing on consumer-facing UI/UX for each their marketplace's Android and iOS applications by interacting with all stakeholders.
As an Android Application Development Engineer, you will be responsible for a whole workﬂow in the give development project. You will be involved from project initiation until shipment through system design, execution, quality assurance. You will work on application quality, which requires a sense of ownership as well as a practical way to make it automated.
- Improving their Shopping UI/UX
- Pursuing high quality/performance and scalable application architecture
- Test-Driven-Development with unit-testing
- Aiming Agility into the workﬂow to reduce time-to-market
- Eliminating manual efforts as much as possible
- Mobile DevOps
- UI Automation
- Staying up-to-date with modern trends, technologies and frameworks
【会社概要 | Company Details】
Our client is a large global Internet service company that has enjoyed sustained growth as they continue to expand their business in various new areas and industries. This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment in Japan. Our client actively strives to be an equal opportunity employer, and they have many female and foreign nationals in upper management positions. Their brand has also gained global recognition as they sponsor some of the world's most famous sports teams. Our client prides themselves in providing a comfortable working environment for their employees. Engineers are welcome to choose their own setup (Windows/Mac, etc.); whatever makes them comfortable! Free meals are also provided at the company cafeteria. Their chefs work to create exciting new menus and dishes, so employees never get tired of the food!
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
Flex (7.5 hours a day with core time 11:00-15:00)
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
各種社会保険完備（厚生年金保険、健康保険、労災保険、雇用保険）、 屋内原則禁煙（屋外に喫煙所あり）、 通勤交通費支給等
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Experience in Android native application development (Kotlin and Java)
- Software development experience out of mobile domain
- Experience working with a backend team to design web service interfaces and build networking components
- Capable for modern best practices: Reactive programming, IoC(DI), OAuth, Open ID Connect
- Strong problem-solving skills to solve complex and uncertain situations
- Motivation to drive things by yourself
- Great communication skills
- Practical understanding for Agile development methodologies
- Over 5 years' experience in iOS and Hybrid application development (React native, etc.)
- Enthusiasm for CI/CD in mobile domain
- Strong leadership to encourage team members and guide them toward the group’s mission
- Past mentorship for other team members and encouraged mutual growth
- Experience in designing UI automated testing with its' scope including technology stack