A global finance firm seeks an experienced developer (C/C++, Unix, Scripting) who will mainly be responsible for working on decommission of various legacy systems for the Fixed Income business in Japan that provide critical functionality to the business such as Pricing, Execution, Position, Pnl and Risk Management for bonds, FnO, Repo etc.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated with strong C/C++, Unix, Scripting and database skills who also has some Fixed Income product knowledge (especially bonds) and preferably experience with Java / C# / Web technologies like ReactJS, Angular, HTML5. Tasks will be primarily working on rewrite / decommission of legacy apps, but in some cases, could also be taking ownership of the existing apps or working on Solaris to Linux migration of some apps.
- Contribute to Solaris to Linux migration of legacy FI applications like Pedal (Execution/Pricing), Medusa, Apollo, PLSR and also take responsibility for testing/rollout of these migration/rewrite projects
- Interact with the business (FI Trading) and other departments such as PC, Finance, and Compliance to understand their issues/queries and deliver solutions that meet them
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level production support for Japan domestic apps
- Solaris-Off: Migrate all the legacy rates apps from unsupported Solaris platform to Linux
- PLSR-Off: Contribute to app rewrite to migrate the functionality off legacy platform
- Impact Analysis and implementation of Market changes, regulatory changes across legacy apps
- Take full ownership of application releases, regression tests, and bring more automation and strategic technologies into the legacy apps wherever possible, without impacting the stability of these apps
Our client is a Japan-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. The company has over 90 years’ history and driven by over 28,000 employees worldwide.
８:40 – 17:40（Mon - Fri）
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Commuting allowance, defined contribution pension (401K), property savings, group term insurance, late night work allowance, meal assistance, No indoor smoking (designated smoking area)
- Programming experience in C/C++ on Unix with scripting (Perl/Shell) skills
- Strong database skills (Sybase / other)
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- High level of initiative, and strong sense of ownership
- An outstanding track record of delivering high quality code in an aggressive, development environment, demonstrated result-driven and ability to succeed within a disciplined, high-productivity, low-overhead development process
- Familiar with design patterns and multi-tier enterprise application architecture
- Unit testing (JUnit, Mock frameworks)
- Team player, able to work effectively within a local / global team
- Familiar with scheduling agents like Autosys, etc
- Some experience / knowledge of Java / C# / Web technologies like ReactJS, Angular, HTML5
- Good concepts include: SDLC and best practices, distributed transaction processing, and experience in analyzing and defining technical requirements from business documentation.
- Prior knowledge of software development in financial industry, and Fixed Income domain knowledge
- Python programming.