A leading e-commerce company is looking for a Senior Java/Scala Developer!
They are looking for a senior Java/Scala engineer to join the Recommendations and Personalization team in Tokyo offices.
You will join an international team providing recommendations for all their services, and working on cutting-edge technologies and algorithms in order to improve and personalize customers experience.
In this position, you will interact with engineers and data scientists to provide the highest service quality to all our clients.
Your role will consist on developing and improving our current recommendations platform, which support many services and events in their Group. You will actively be participating in the technical discussions and concrete implementations of new features to provide to our clients the best experience. Ideally, your development skills will be an asset for scaling our platform to real-time processes and worldwide deployment, as well as allowing you to support data scientists for real-time machine learning computation.
There will also be a strong emphasis on the code quality and performance.
- Development of our core platform in Java/Scala
- Development of data pipelines, in batch or real time in Scala
- Discuss and integrate new features requests to support our clients
- Help on production operations, and maintain our large-scale recommendations platform
- Investigate and bring new ideas and technologies to improve our platform
【会社概要 | Company Details】
Our client is a large global Internet service company that has enjoyed sustained growth as they continue to expand their business in various new areas and industries. This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment in Japan. Our client actively strives to be an equal opportunity employer, and they have many female and foreign nationals in upper management positions. Their brand has also gained global recognition as they sponsor some of the world's most famous sports teams. Our client prides themselves in providing a comfortable working environment for their employees. Engineers are welcome to choose their own setup (Windows/Mac, etc.); whatever makes them comfortable! Free meals are also provided at the company cafeteria. Their chefs work to create exciting new menus and dishes, so employees never get tired of the food!
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
9:00 - 17:30（Mon - Fri）
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
各種社会保険完備（厚生年金保険、健康保険、労災保険、雇用保険）、 屋内原則禁煙（屋外に喫煙所あり）、 通勤交通費支給等
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Expert knowledge of Java or Scala
- Feel at home on Linux systems
- Good working knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Couchbase, Kafka, ...
- Awareness of the good practices in development (PR, unitests, Continuous deployment/delivery, ...)
- Experience in building and delivering production services
- Interests of data analytics, and data related challenges and concepts
- Good knowledge of Python