The Travel API Development Group of a large Internet service company is hiring a Senior Back-End Engineer. The group's mission is to help our travelers and partners feel happiness through API development.
The travel service has been already used by travelers and partners for more than 20 years. Travel API Development Group works on the service's renewal project to be competitive in global market. We are looking for developers who has willingness to keep growing with the business.
- You are expected to develop and operate APIs for inbound travelers to Japan, which reached 40 million in 2020. In order to do that, you are expected collaborate with your team members, product managers, front-end engineers, related teams in the Group (e.g. payment, rewards, membership) to lead the renewal from the current website toward success.
- After the renewal, you are expected to improve features and performance of APIs continuously. You are also expected to provide stable APIs for travelers and partners by finding issues with monitoring, alerting, collaborating with support engineers.
- You are expected to be a role model of next generation engineers with your technical skills and lead growth of the organization
Development: Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Cloud Config, Spring Cloud Sleuth, JUnit, Apache Maven, IntelliJ IDEA, Swagger
Middlewares: Oracle, Oracle GoldenGate for Big Data, MongoDB, Kafka, Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat
Infrastructure: Private cloud (RIaaS, RPaaS)
Monitoring: Jennifer, Zipkin, ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Grafana
CI: Jenkins, SonarQube, Ansible
Others: Microsoft Teams, Confluence, JIRA, BitBucket, Jenkins, etc.
Our client is a large global Internet service company that has enjoyed sustained growth as they continue to expand their business in various new areas and industries. This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment in Japan. Our client actively strives to be an equal opportunity employer, and they have many female and foreign nationals in upper management positions. Their brand has also gained global recognition as they sponsor some of the world's most famous sports teams. Our client prides themselves in providing a comfortable working environment for their employees. Engineers are welcome to choose their own setup (Windows/Mac, etc.); whatever makes them comfortable! Free meals are also provided at the company cafeteria. Their chefs work to create exciting new menus and dishes, so employees never get tired of the food!
9:00 - 17:30（Mon - Fri）
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Experiences of web API development and operation with Java and Spring Framework
- Experiences of web API development on Linux
- Experiences of designing tables and queries of RDBMS (e.g. Oracle) for high performance applications
- Experiences of team development with VCS (e.g. GitHub / Bitbucket) and pull requests
- Experiences of code review and design review
- Experiences of improving architecture, performance analysis / tuning
- Knowledge of web API operation, performance improvement and security
- Experiences of designing architecture and choosing technology stack (e.g. middlewares)
- Experiences of automation test (e.g. xUnit / xSpec)
- Skills of database design, considering architecture for several systems
- Experiences of interface design of web API
- Experiences of NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Elasticsearch) schema / query design
- Experiences of improvement of process / operation beyond the border of organization
- Experiences of development on IaaS, CaaS, PaaS
- Experiences of OSS development or speakers of conferences, writers of technical books
- Experiences of development of BtoBtoC applications
- Experiences to find issues and improve performance of middlewares by by analyzing source codes
- Experiences of API development with GraphQL or gRPC
- Experiences of microservice architecture
- Experiences of development of web application framework or libraries
- Knowledge of web security
- Experiences of launching new services or challenges in growth phase of services
- Experiences of leading or managing developers
- Knowledge of tracking Cookie
- Experiences of all aspects of application lifecycle (e.g. planning, requirement definition, design, development, testing, operation)