A major global E-commerce company is hiring a Project Manager (Information Governance).
Our Information Security & Privacy Governance Department’s scope of activity is expanding, with many projects being initiated. Therefore, the Department is looking for a project manager with experience managing IT projects and process deployments projects.
Our work reaches across not only multiple groups and organizations, but also across our many companies, touching numerous complex structures and technical systems.
We seek to empower our fellows by ensuring we create the highest of compliance and safety standards that will work in our complex environment.
About the Team:
In the Data Governance Office, we help our maximize the value of its data, safely. We collaborate with each other to rapidly deliver data governance solutions to challenging governance issues, and seek out new opportunities to challenge the status quo and create value through proper data governance. As a team, we understand that data governance often means challenging the status quo.
We welcome the challenge and responsibility of making a change for the better in the world around us, and look forward to working with you as we turn vision into reality.
From day one, you will collaborate across our teams and departments of diverse cultural backgrounds to deliver solutions that span the Information Security Management, Privacy and Data Governance domains, all while maintaining an exceptional level of quality.
You enjoy the challenge of navigating a complex organization while managing projects throughout their entire life-cycle - from inception to successful delivery, and understand that we accomplish more as a team than as individuals. You also excel at collaborating with a wide-range of roles and functions including Privacy, Security, and Engineering.
You’ll also work alongside our Business Analysts to deliver project solutions, including gathering requirements, defining roles and responsibilities, determining resource allocation, identifying project risks, issues, and assumption, and managing dependencies.
- Managing and clarifying the scope of the initial phase, and defining a clear scope for future project phases
- Working with the Business Analyst to analyze various business strategies to determine, clarify and document the underlying business requirement
- Ensuring the Business Analyst documents clear functional, process or other requirements documentation
- Ensuring stakeholders agree with and approve scope and requirements
- Defining a plan and approach for delivering the determined scope and requirement
- Working with various stakeholders to clarify roles and responsibilities in future project phases, and to define the ideal composition for the project team
- Project risk, issue, assumption and dependency management
- Ensuring all aspects of the project are clearly defined and documented
Our client is a large global Internet service company that has enjoyed sustained growth as they continue to expand their business in various new areas and industries. This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment in Japan. Our client actively strives to be an equal opportunity employer, and they have many female and foreign nationals in upper management positions. Their brand has also gained global recognition as they sponsor some of the world's most famous sports teams. Our client prides themselves in providing a comfortable working environment for their employees. Engineers are welcome to choose their own setup (Windows/Mac, etc.); whatever makes them comfortable! Free meals are also provided at the company cafeteria. Their chefs work to create exciting new menus and dishes, so employees never get tired of the food!
9:00 - 17:30（Mon - Fri）
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【Services / Benefits】
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Experience working as an IT project manager
- Experience scoping and planning multiple complex IT projects
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Risk, issue, assumption and dependency management
- Experience with project management practices, tools, and methodology
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, manage projects and drive/achieve results, while working with minimal direction
- Strong prioritization, organizational, and time management skills
- Good stakeholder management and influencing skill
- Able to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to understand conflicting viewpoints and find a ‘middle way
- Information Security knowledge/understanding
- Privacy knowledge/understanding
- Data Governance knowledge/understanding
- Atlassian tools